Ballooning & Great Barrier Reef Adventure - Cairns
Combine the serenity of hot air ballooning over the Atherton Tablelands with Great Adventures exciting Great Barrier Reef cruise to the outer reef for two spectacular, “must do” experiences all in one amazing day.
|Itinerary at a glance… (Times may be subject to change)|
|Hot Air Ballooning|
|TBA||Coach Pick up from your accommodation, advised at time of booking|
|Approx 5.30am||Hot Air balloon experience|
|Approx 10.15am||Coach transfer to Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
|Great Barrier Reef Adventure|
|10.30am||Depart Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal for the outer Reef, via Green Island|
|12.30am||Arrive Outer Reef Activity Platform|
|3.45pm||Depart Outer Reef|
|5.30pm||Arrive Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
MORNING: Hot Air Ballooning
Tour Operator: Hot Air
Start your day by watching the sun rise over the rolling hills of the majestic Tablelands then experience the wonder, silence and romance of floating in a hot air balloon. Enjoy the 360 degree panorama, before coming gently back to earth.
After some fun pack up games, your door-to-door transfer will connect you to the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal for your Great Barrier Reef Adventure. Personal photo portraits capturing your balloon flight are available for purchase.
Your Hot Air Ballooning Experience includes:
- Morning Balloon flight over the Atherton Tablelands
- Coach transfers from accommodation and to Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
10.30am: Great Barrier Reef Adventure
Tour Operator: Great Adventures
After your early morning ballooning experience, you’re set to continue your day of adventure with this exciting cruise to the spectacular outer reef!
Departing from Cairns, you’ll cruise in comfort aboard a modern, fast catamaran to a spacious activity platform moored at a magnificent site on the outer reaches of the Great Barrier Reef. Guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers can enjoy a magical day of discovery. With the air-conditioned semi-submersible and underwater observatory, you don't even have to get wet to discover the reef. Snorkel and dive amongst beautiful coral gardens and colourful marine life, or just relax on the sundeck with a delicious buffet lunch and enjoy the amazing marine-scape!
Your Great Barrier Reef Adventure Includes:
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise from Cairns
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Morning tea cake selection on outward journey
- Hot and cold buffet lunch with seafood
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Buoyancy vests
- Lycra suits
- Reef education presentation
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
- Underwater observatory
- Eco reef talk with marine naturalist in underwater observatory
- Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform, cheese and biscuits on return journey,
- Coach transfer to Cairns and Northern Beaches hotel/accommodation from Reef Fleet Terminal
Exciting optional activities (additional cost) include scuba diving, guided snorkel tours, the exclusive Scuba-Doo underwater scooter and scenic helicopter flights to see the reef from a different perspective.
Tour departs from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Spence Street Cairns
Departs Cairns 10.30am, Returns Cairns: 5.30pm
|Tour Price||AU$ 527.00||AU$ 381.00|
|EMC *)||AU$ 0.00||AU$ 0.00|
|Levy **)||AU$ 30.00||AU$ 30.00|
|Total Package Price||AU$ 557.00||AU$ 411.00|