Reef and Resort Package
For a complete Great Barrier Reef holiday experience you can enjoy a day cruise to the magnificent Outer Barrier Reef and stay in luxury at the beautiful, eco-sensitive Green Island Resort. Play and stay on the Great Barrier Reef!
Just 27 km across the Coral Sea from Cairns, Green Island Resort offers a most special and memorable Great Barrier Reef holiday; luxury amid a unique reef and rainforest nature experience.
With just 46 elegantly appointed suites nestled amid lush rainforest and secluded from day visitor facilities, indulge in luxury, adventure and island romance in this natural wonderland.
By day, Green Island offers pleasures of relaxation or adventure. Experience rejuvenating massage treatments, revel in an array of island activities including diving and snorkelling or simply relax on the beach or by the private pool. Your stay can be as active or relaxing as you desire.
By night, an intimate tropical island experience awaits. Watch the sun dreamily set over the Coral Sea, dine at the award-winning Emeralds Restaurant or even private beach dining under the stars.
Reef and Resort Package Inclusions
Enjoy the adventure and romance of Green Island with its unique reef and rainforest environment, combined with an exciting cruise to the outer reef with Great Adventures.
- Two nights luxurious Island Suite accommodation
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Bottle of Australian Sparkling Wine on arrival
- Great Barrier Reef Adventure day cruise with Great Adventures
- Return fast catamaran transfers with Great Adventures (from Cairns)
Great Barrier Reef Adventure Day Cruise
After breakfast and morning at your leisure, at 11.20am, you’ll embark on an exciting day trip to experience the breathtaking beauty of the outer Great Barrier Reef. At Great Adventures’ spacious reef activity platform, you’ll be able to snorkel and dive in beautiful coral gardens and discover amazing marine life, or stay dry and explore from the semi-submersible and underwater observatory. Relax on the sundeck and enjoy a delicious hot and cold buffet lunch.
You’ll arrive back to Green Island at 4.30pm. If you choose to experience the Great Barrier Reef day cruise on your last day, you can return to Cairns at 5.30pm where your luggage will be waiting for your collection.
Plus Complimentary Resort Inclusions
- Use of non-motorised activities including snorkelling equipment, canoeing, windsurfing, beach volleyball, beach lounge chairs & umbrellas
- Complimentary sunset drinks
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing tour
- Guided evening nature walks with Activities Officer
- Self guided island walks
- Fish feeding, daily presentation
- Entry to the Island Underwater Observatory