Green Island, Skyrail & Kuranda Train Adventure
If you’re limited on time, this is the perfect day to experience two renowned World Heritage environments… After a morning on the Great Barrier Reef at Green Island, journey to the rainforest village of Kuranda with the unique Skyrail Cableway gliding above ancient rainforests, and then return with the famous Kuranda Scenic Train. All in one amazing day!
|Itinerary at a glance… (Times may be subject to change)|
|Green Island Eco Adventure|
|8.30am||Depart Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
|9.15am||Arrive Green Island|
|12.00pm||Depart Green Island|
|12.50pm||Arrive Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
|Kuranda Skyrail & Scenic Train|
|1.45pm||Coach pick up at Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal to Skyrail|
|2.00pm||Skyrail journey from Smithfield to Kuranda|
||Kuranda Scenic Railway from Kuranda to Freshwater Station.
|5.00pm||Coach transfer from Freshwater to Cairns / Northern Beaches accommodation (exc Holloways, Yorkey's or Machans Beach).|
MORNING: Green Island Eco Adventure - Half Day
Tour Operator: Great Adventures
For a tropical island adventure, Great Adventures will take you to beautiful Green Island for a unique reef and rainforest experience, just 45 minutes from Cairns.
Departing Cairns at 8.30am, you’ll have the choice of snorkelling equipment to snorkel directly from the white sandy beaches or a glass bottom boat tour to experience this Great Barrier Reef island.
As a Great Adventures guest, you’ll also be able to enjoy many exclusive inclusions such as the use of the island swimming pool and a self guided eco island walk to discover some of the island’s unique rainforest flora. The island’s well-appointed day visitor facilities include a pool bar, restaurant and refreshment outlets.
Your Green Island Eco Adventure includes:
- Coach transfer from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotel/accommodation to Reef Fleet Terminal
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Choice of glass bottom boat coral reef viewing tour or snorkelling equipment
- Exclusive use of the island swimming pool
- Exclusive self-guided eco Island walk
- Use of Green Island Resort's day visitor facilities
There’s also a wide range of optional activities in addition to your cruise fare to experience on Green Island. Scuba dive, join a snorkel excursion, kayak or even walk underwater with Seawalker helmet diving. For an exhilarating top-side perspective of the reef, there’s parasailing and scenic helicopter flights too! There’s even the Marineland Melanesia Crocodile Habitat with daily crocodile shows.
Tour departs from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Spence Street Cairns
Departs Cairns: 8.30am, Returns Cairns 12.50pm.
AFTERNOON: Kuranda - Skyrail Rainforest Cableway & Scenic Train - Half Day
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Experience the iconic Skyrail Rainforest Cableway journey to Kuranda, the village in the rainforest.
Skyrail is a unique rainforest experience taking you on an unforgettable journey over and through Australia’s World Heritage listed tropical rainforest. Glide just metres above the canopy in Skyrail’s comfortable six-person gondola cabins, enjoying spectacular views of the rainforest, tropical Cairns, the Coral Sea and the lush Cairns Highlands.
Two rainforest mid-stations, Red Peak and Barron Falls, provide the opportunity to explore and learn about this ancient environment on ranger-guided boardwalk tours and at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
Kuranda Scenic Railway: After a brief time in Kuranda, your return journey takes you on the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway – a spectacular journey of unsurpassed views of dense World Heritage rainforest, steep ravines and picturesque waterfalls through the Barron Gorge. The journey also includes commentary.
Note: If you would like more time to explore Kuranda, see the “2 Day Green Island & Kuranda Package”
Your Kuranda Scenic Train and Skyrail Journey includes:
- Coach pick up from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway:
- One way Skyrail Rainforest Cableway journey to Kuranda from Skyrail’s Smithfield station.
- Two rainforest mid-stations stops at Red Peak and Barron Falls
- Ranger-guided boardwalk tour and Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway:
- One way journey from Kuranda to Freshwater.
- English commentary.
- Return accommodation transfer from Freshwater Station to Cairns or Northern Beaches (exc Holloways, Yorkey's or Machans Beach).
Tour departs from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal at 1.45pm.
Total Package Price
Coach transfers and all taxes included in total price.
|Total Package Price||$222.00||$111.00||$555.00|
- Children: 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.