Green Island & Rafting Adventure
Experience the beautiful Great Barrier Reef island of Green Island and then take on grade 2-3 rapids of the Barron River all in one amazing action-filled day!
|Itinerary at a glance… (Times may be subject to change)|
|Green Island Eco Adventure|
|8.30am||Depart Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
|9.15am||Arrive Green Island|
|12.00pm||Depart Green Island|
|12.50pm||Arrive Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
|Barron River Rafting|
|2.00pm||Coach pick up at Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
|2.20pm||Arrive Barron Gorge National Park|
|5.30pm||Arrive at Cairns accommodation|
MORNING: Green Island Eco Adventure - Half Day
Tour Operator: Great Adventures
For a tropical island adventure, Great Adventures will take you to beautiful Green Island for a unique reef and rainforest experience, just 45 minutes from Cairns.
Departing Cairns at 8.30am, you’ll have the choice of snorkelling equipment to snorkel directly from the white sandy beaches or a glass bottom boat tour to experience this Great Barrier Reef island.
As a Great Adventures guest, you’ll also be able to enjoy many exclusive inclusions such as the use of the island swimming pool and a self guided eco island walk to discover some of the island’s unique rainforest flora. The island’s well-appointed day visitor facilities include a pool bar, restaurant and refreshment outlets.
Your Green Island Eco Adventure includes:
- Coach transfer from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotel/accommodation to Reef Fleet Terminal
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Choice of glass bottom boat coral reef viewing tour or snorkelling equipment
- Exclusive use of the island swimming pool
- Exclusive self-guided eco Island walk
- Use of Green Island Resort's day visitor facilities
There’s also a wide range of optional activities in addition to your cruise fare to experience on Green Island. Scuba dive, join a snorkel excursion, kayak or even walk underwater with Seawalker helmet diving. For an exhilarating top-side perspective of the reef, there’s parasailing and scenic helicopter flights too! There’s even the Marineland Melanesia Crocodile Habitat with daily crocodile shows.
Tour departs from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Spence Street Cairns
Departs Cairns: 8.30am, Returns Cairns 12.50pm.
AFTERNOON: Barron River Rafting – Half Day
Tour Operator: Raging Thunder
Raging Thunder will take you to the beautiful Barron Gorge National Park, just 20 minutes from the centre of Cairns for a fantastic introduction to white water rafting on the Barron River. It's fun, exciting and exhilarating, and no experience is necessary.
You’ll have two hours paddling up to grade 3 rapids on this exciting adventure. Return accommodation transfers and all safety equipment are included.
Tour departs Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal at 2pm, Return to accommodation 6pm.
Your Barron River Rafting Half Day includes:
- Up to 2 hours White Water Rafting.
- Tea and coffee at the end of your rafting trip.
- Guaranteed water levels all year round.
- All tuition provided, no experience is necessary.
- Accommodation transfers.
What to bring: Ticket, swimming costume (you will get wet!), lace up shoes or sandals that won’t fall off, towel, sunscreen and money for rafting levy and optional souvenir photos of your adventure.
Total Package Price
Coach transfers and all taxes included in total price.
|*Barron River Levy
Payable direct to Raging Thunder
|Total Package Price||$223.00||$178.00||$757.00|
*Barron River Levy
The Barron River levy of $25.00 per person is payable direct to Raging Thunder on the day of travel.
- Minimum age for GREEN ISLAND & RAFTING ADVENTURE” is 13 years. Under 18 must travel with a guardian or parent.
- Rafting is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax.
- Prices valid to 31 March 2017.