Ballooning & Green Island Adventure
After your breathtaking early morning ballooning experience over the Atherton Tablelands, settle back on Great Adventures high speed catamaran for a 45 minute journey across the Coral Sea to beautiful Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef.
|Itinerary at a glance… (Times may be subject to change)|
|Hot Air Ballooning|
|TBA||Coach Pick up from your accommodation, advised at time of booking|
|Approx 5.30am||Hot Air balloon experience|
|Approx 10.15am||Coach transfer to Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
|Green Island Eco Adventure|
|10.30am||Depart Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
|11.15am||Arrive Green Island|
|4.30pm||Depart Green Island|
|5.20pm||Arrive Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
MORNING: Hot Air Ballooning
Tour Operator: Hot Air
Did you know that Cairns and Tropical North Queensland is the ballooning capital of the world? This is the ultimate scenic experience in the tropics! Hot Air ballooning here is a must do and truly, one of Australia’s best kept secrets. So come flying with Hot Air, this is Australia's biggest fleet of balloons where it's just like a balloon festival everyday!
Start your day by watching the sun rise over the rolling hills of the majestic Tablelands then experience the wonder, silence and romance of floating in a hot air balloon. Enjoy the 360 degree panorama, before coming gently back to earth. Following your Hot Air ballooning experience, you will be transferred to the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal for your Green Island adventure.
Your Hot Air Balloon Experience includes:
- Morning Balloon flight over the Atherton Tablelands
- Coach transfers from accommodation and connection to Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
10.30 AM : Green Island Eco Adventure
Tour Operator: Great Adventures
After your breathtaking early morning hot air balloon flight over the Atherton Tablelands, settle back on Great Adventures high speed catamaran for a 45 minute journey across the Coral Sea to experience the beautiful rainforest clad Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef.
Your day on Green Island can be as active or relaxing as you choose with 5 hours to enjoy on the island. You’ll have the choice of snorkelling equipment to snorkel directly from the white sandy beaches or a glass bottom boat tour to experience this 6000 year old coral cay.
As a Great Adventures guest, you’ll also be able to enjoy many exclusive inclusions such as the use of the island swimming pool and a self guided eco island walk to discover some of the island’s unique rainforest flora. The island’s well-appointed day visitor facilities include a pool bar, restaurant and refreshment outlets where you can purchase a delicious lunch or snacks.
Your Green Island Eco Adventure includes:
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Choice of glass bottom boat coral reef viewing tour or snorkelling equipment
- Exclusive use of the island swimming pool
- Exclusive self-guided eco Island walk
- Use of Green Island Resort's day visitor facilities
- Coach transfer to Cairns and Northern Beaches hotel/accommodation from Reef Fleet Terminal.
There’s also a wide range of optional activities in addition to your cruise fare to experience on Green Island. Scuba dive, join a snorkel excursion, kayak or even walk underwater with Seawalker helmet diving. For an exhilarating top-side perspective of the reef, there’s parasailing and scenic helicopter flights too! There’s even the Marineland Melanesia Crocodile Habitat with daily crocodile shows.
Cairns: 10.30am, Returns Cairns 3.20 or 5.20pm.
Total Package Price
Coach transfers and all levies included in total price.
Payable direct to Hot Air Ballooning
|Total Package Price||$366.00||$285.00||$1,254.00|
Aviation Insurance of $30.00 per person is payable direct to Hot Air on the day of travel.
- Children: 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.
Hot Air Conditions:
- General Mobility: It is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and company requirement that passengers must be able to climb into the basket unaided, so that in the event of an emergency passengers are also able to climb out of the basket unaided.
- Medical Conditions: Passengers with medical conditions should check their suitability to fly prior to booking. The Operator recommends that pregnant persons do not fly in a hot air balloon.
- The Operator will not carry passengers who have participated in a scuba dive the day before their balloon flight.
- Full conditions are available at www.hotair.com.au/conditions