Ballooning & Quicksilver Outer Reef Experience
For two spectacular “must do” experiences all in one amazing day, marvel in the romance of hot air ballooning then continue your adventure as you cruise to the edge of Australia’s Continental Shelf to Agincourt Reef with Quicksilver, Australia’s most awarded Reef Cruise.Itinerary at a glance… (Times may be subject to change):
TBA - Coach Pick up from your accommodation, advised at time of booking
Approx 5.30am - Hot Air balloon experience
Coach transfer to Port Douglas Reef Marina
10.00am - Depart Port Douglas for Agincourt Reef
11.30am - Arrive Agincourt Reef Activity Platform
3.00pm - Depart Agincourt Reef
4.30pm - Arrive Port Douglas Reef Marina
4.55pm - Coach departs for transfer to accommodation
MORNING: Hot Air Ballooning
Tour Operator: Hot Air
Start your day on a high with hot air ballooning! Watch the sun rise over the rolling hills of the majestic Tablelands then experience the wonder, silence and romance of floating in a hot air balloon. Enjoy the 360 degree panorama, before coming gently back to earth.
After some fun pack up games, your door-to-door transfer will connect you to join Quicksilver’s Outer Barrier Reef Cruise. Personal photo portraits capturing your balloon flight are available for purchase.
Your Hot Air Ballooning Experience includes:
- Morning Balloon flight over the Atherton Tablelands
- Pick up from accommodation and connection to Port Douglas Reef Marina.
10am: Quicksilver Outer Reef Cruise
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
After your early morning ballooning experience, you’re set to continue your day of adventure with Quicksilver to the awe-inspiring outer Great Barrier Reef where you will discover a world of beauty, vibrant coral gardens and diverse marine life.
Quicksilver’s highspeed wavepiercing catamaran will take you in airconditioned comfort to an exclusive activity platform moored at the renowned Agincourt Reef, a jewel-like ribbon reef on the edge of Australia’s Continental Shelf. The Agincourt ribbon reef systems showcase spectacular coral formations, colourful marine life and exceptional underwater visibility.
From the spacious activity platform guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers alike, can experience this stunning reef world in comfort, whether you choose to get wet and snorkel or stay dry and observe. Friendly and attentive crew, including professional marine biologists, are on hand to ensure you enjoy and gain the most from your day. Explore the reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible, discover in the underwater observatory, watch the fascinating fish feeding presentation or snorkel and dive in the beautiful coral gardens.
Your Day includes:
- Coach transfer to your hotel / accommodation
- Return Wavepiercer cruise from Port Douglas Reef Marina
- Morning and afternoon teas on board
- Reef presentation by marine biologist
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Lycra suits
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels – cruise as often as you like!
- Fish feeding [conducted by crew].
Exciting optional activities (additional cost) include introductory and certified scuba diving, Marine Biologist guided snorkel tours, Oceanwalker helmet diving and scenic helicopter flights.
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 10am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
Total Package PriceAll taxes and levies included in total price.
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child|
Payable direct to Great Adventures
Payable direct to Hot Air Ballooning
|Total Package Price||$486.50||$342.50|
*Transfers for ballooning and to the Reef Marina, Port Douglas are included. Return coach transfers from the Reef Marina are available.
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.
- Children: 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.
- General Mobility: It is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and company requirement that passengers must be able to climb into the basket unaided, so that in the event of an emergency passengers are also able to climb out of the basket unaided.
- Medical Conditions: Passengers with medical conditions should check their suitability to fly prior to booking. The Operator recommends that pregnant persons do not fly in a hot air balloon.
- The Operator will not carry passengers who have participated in a scuba dive the day before their balloon flight.
- Full conditions are available at www.hotair.com.au/conditions