Ballooning & Low Isles Experience
Combine the romance of sailing to idyllic Low Isles on the Great Barrier Reef with the romance of hot air ballooning over the picturesque Atherton Tablelands!Itinerary at a glance… (Times may be subject to change):
TBA - Coach Pick up from your accommodation, advised at time of booking
Approx 5.30am - Hot Air balloon experience
Coach transfer to Port Douglas Reef Marina
10.00am - Depart Port Douglas for Low Isles
11.00am - Arrive Low Isles
3.15pm - Depart Low Isles
4.30pm - Arrive Port Douglas Reef Marina
4.55pm - Coach departs for transfer to accommodation
MORNING: Hot Air Ballooning
Tour Operator: Hot Air
Start your day on a high with hot air ballooning! Watch the sun rise over the rolling hills of the majestic Tablelands then experience the wonder, silence and romance of floating in a hot air balloon. Enjoy the 360 degree panorama, before coming gently back to earth.
After some fun pack up games, your door-to-door transfer will connect you to join Quicksilver’s Low Isles Wavedancer Cruise. Personal photo portraits capturing your balloon flight are available for purchase.
- Morning Balloon flight over the Atherton Tablelands
- Pick up from accommodation and connection to Port Douglas Reef Marina.
10am: Wavedancer Low Isles Cruise
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
After your early morning ballooning experience, you’re set to continue your day to the idyllic Low Isles, one hour’s exhilarating sailing from Port Douglas. Set like a jewel in the Great Barrier Reef, Low Isles is an unspoilt, uninhabited coral cay island – a tropical island paradise. Combined with the romance of sailing aboard Quicksilver’s luxury 30 metre sailing catamaran, Wavedancer, this is the perfect day for families and couples seeking island relaxation.
From the moment Wavedancer moors in the calm waters of the island’s picturesque lagoon, a host of reef activities await. Our friendly crew will take you on a leisurely, informative day where island visitor numbers are limited.
Discover the mysteries of marine life while snorkelling or glass bottom boat viewing. Take a guided beach walk and snorkelling tour with a marine biologist or just relax on the beach under a thatched umbrella or on the decks of Wavedancer. Your day also includes a delicious tropical buffet lunch served onboard Wavedancer.Your Day Includes:
- Return Wavedancer cruise from Port Douglas
- Morning and afternoon teas onboard
- Lycra suits
- Marine Biologist Reef Presentation
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing
- Marine Biologist guided beach walk
- Marine Biologist guided snorkel tour
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 10am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
Total Package PriceAll taxes and levies included in total price.
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
Payable direct to Hot Air Ballooning
|Total Package Price||$437.50||$316.50|
* Day 1 Self-drive to Reef marina, Port Douglas. Coach transfers are available.
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.**Aviation Insurance
Aviation Insurance of $30 per person is payable direct to Hot Air on the day of travel.General Conditions
- Children: 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.
- General Mobility: It is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and company requirement that passengers must be able to climb into the basket unaided, so that in the event of an emergency passengers are also able to climb out of the basket unaided.
- Medical Conditions: Passengers with medical conditions should check their suitability to fly prior to booking. The Operator recommends that pregnant persons do not fly in a hot air balloon.
- The Operator will not carry passengers who have participated in a scuba dive the day before their balloon flight.
- Full conditions are available at www.hotair.com.au/conditions