2 Day Silverswift Reef, Kuranda Train & Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
A fantastic combination to experience two renowned World Heritage environments… After a day diving or snorkelling the natural wonders of the Great Barrier Reef, you’ll find yourself on a unique and memorable journey to the rainforest village of Kuranda, travelling through and above ancient rainforests with the famous Kuranda Scenic Train and the unique Skyrail Cableway.
DAY 1 Silverswift Dive & Snorkel Adventure
Tour Operator: Silverswift
Ready to whisk you away for a day of fun and adventure on the outer Great Barrier Reef, Silverswift is a luxury 29 metre catamaran custom-designed for the thrill of diving and snorkelling. Visiting three different outer reef sites, you’ll enjoy 5 hours exploring spectacular coral formations and underwater gardens awash with vibrantly coloured marine creatures at Flynn, Pellowe, Milln and/or Thetford Reefs. Unlimited adventure snorkelling is included in you day, with the option of introductory and certified diving.
With superb onboard comforts too, you’ll be travelling in comfort and style. Silverswift features spacious sundeck areas, hot freshwater showers, change rooms and a licenced bar. The large dive and snorkel platform provides easy water access for all water activities and the state-of-the-art ride control system helps ensure a smooth journey, even when travelling at up to 32 knots.
Your Silverswift Day Includes
- Return Silverswift cruise from Cairns
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction
- Lycra suits
- Snorkel brief at each site
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit
- Guided snorkel tour
- Prescription masks available at no additional cost.
Silverswift departs daily from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal at 8.30am and returns at 4.30pm.
DAY 2: Kuranda Scenic Train & Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Kuranda Scenic Railway: Start your day with the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway – a spectacular journey of unsurpassed views of dense World Heritage rainforest, steep ravines and picturesque waterfalls through the Barron Gorge. This famous railway winds its way on a journey of approximately 1 hour 45 minutes from Cairns to Kuranda, the village in the rainforest.
The Kuranda Scenic Railway can be joined at Cairns Railway Station or Freshwater Connection for morning departures to Kuranda. The journey includes an English commentary and all passengers receive a commentary guide which includes information on the history of the railway’s construction, a trip map and a map of Kuranda. Upon reaching the village of Kuranda a rich assortment of interesting attractions and unique shopping experiences awaits you.
For your return journey, you will join the iconic Skyrail Rainforest Cableway:
Skyrail is a unique rainforest experience taking you on an unforgettable journey over and through Australia’s World Heritage listed tropical rainforest. Glide just metres above the canopy in Skyrail’s comfortable six-person gondola cabins, enjoying spectacular views of the rainforest, tropical Cairns, the Coral Sea and the lush Cairns Highlands.
Two rainforest mid-stations, Red Peak and Barron Falls, provide the opportunity to explore and learn about this ancient environment on ranger-guided boardwalk tours and at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
Your Kuranda Scenic Train and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Journey includes:
- Return accommodation transfers from Cairns or Northern Beaches (exc Holloways, Yorkey's or Machans Beach), times advised at booking.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- One way journey from Freshwater to Kuranda.
- English commentary with information guide on the history of the railway’s construction, a trip map and a map of Kuranda.
- One way Skyrail Rainforest Cableway journey from Kuranda to Skyrail’s Smithfield station.
- Two rainforest mid-stations stops at Red Peak and Barron Falls
- Ranger-guided boardwalk tour and Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
Total Package Price
All taxes and levies included in total price.
|From CAIRNS AND NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child|
Payable direct to Silverswift
|Total Package Price||$344.50||$232.50|
*Day 2 transfers exclude Holloways, Yorkey’s or Machans Beach and lunch is at own costAdditional Costs
Silverswift Introductory and Certified Diving*EMC
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.General Conditions
- Child age is 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years. Medical conditions apply.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.