2 Day Silverswift Reef & Rafting
Two days of adrenaline-packed aqua adventure! Spend a day exploring 3 magnificent outer reef sites with Silverswift, then take on white water rafting action on the Tully River with Raging Thunder.
DAY 1 Silverswift Dive & Snorkel Adventure
Tour Operator: Silverswift
Ready to whisk you away for a day of fun and adventure on the outer Great Barrier Reef, Silverswift is a luxury 29 metre catamaran custom-designed for the thrill of diving and snorkelling. Visiting three different outer reef sites, you’ll enjoy 5 hours exploring spectacular coral formations and underwater gardens awash with vibrantly coloured marine creatures at Flynn, Pellowe, Milln and/or Thetford Reefs. Unlimited adventure snorkelling is included in you day, with the option of introductory and certified diving.
With superb onboard comforts too, you’ll be travelling in comfort and style. Silverswift features spacious sundeck areas, hot freshwater showers, change rooms and a licenced bar. The large dive and snorkel platform provides easy water access for all water activities and the state-of-the-art ride control system helps ensure a smooth journey, even when travelling at up to 32 knots.
Your Silverswift Day Includes
- Return Silverswift cruise from Cairns
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Lycra suits
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction
- Snorkel brief at each site
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit
- Guided snorkel tour
- Prescription masks available at no additional cost.
Silverswift departs daily from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal at 8.30am and returns at 4.30pm.
DAY 2 Tully Rafting
Tour Operator: Raging Thunder
Located about 2 hours south of Cairns, the Tully is Australia’s best rafting river, and with up to 5 hours of white water action, it’s easy to see why! Begin your day with a morning pick up from your accommodation and enjoy the scenic drive past sugar cane and banana plantations before arriving in one of Australia’s wettest towns, Tully.
After a comfort stop at the Raging Thunder Café and opportunity to purchase breakfast, travel to the top of the Tully Gorge where you will meet your fellow rafters and highly trained river guide who will take you through the correct paddling techniques. Once everyone’s familiar with the various commands and safety procedures, it’s time to let the action begin and hit the white water!
The top section of the Tully River will see you bursting with adrenalin as you plunge over grade 3 and 4 rapids to the commands of ‘get down’, ‘paddle hard’ and hold on!’ - and yes, you will get wet!
Half way through the day take a break at our lunch spot on the banks of the river to enjoy a well deserved BBQ and re-fuel, before hitting the water once again. The bottom section of the river ensures more great rapids and laughs, some friendly rivalry with other rafters on the trip, and a chance to enjoy a refreshing swim before heading back to dry land.
We stop at our Café on completion of the rafting for the opportunity to enjoy a cold beer or grab some action shots of your adventure, prior to returning you to your accommodation.
Approximate Departure Times: Cairns 0630/Northern Beaches 0600
Approximate Return Times: Cairns 1800/Northern Beaches 1830
Your Tully Rafting Day Includes:
- Return transfers ex Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- Up to 5 hours rafting grade 3 and 4 rapids
- All training and equipment
- River Medics
- BBQ lunch on the banks of the river (vegetarians catered for).
Total Package Price
All taxes and levies included in total price.
Payable direct to Silverswift
|**Tully River Levy –
Payable direct to Raging Thunder
|Total Package Price||$421.50||$359.50|
Silverswift Introductory and Certified Diving
*Environmental Management Charge*EMC
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.**Tully River Levy
The Tully River levy of $30 per person is payable direct to Raging Thunder on the day of travel.General Conditions
- Minimum age for the SILVERSWIFT REEF & RAFTING package is 13 years.
- Scuba diving is subject to medical questionnaire, age and medical conditions apply.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.
- Minimum age for Tully Rafting is 13 years old.
- Minimum age for Xtreme Rafting is 15 years old. Under 18 year olds must travel with a parent/guardian.
- Xtreme Rafters must be competent swimmers & have a good understanding of English.
- Bookings must be reconfirmed 24 hours prior to travel. Cancellations within 48 hours of travel incur 100% charge.