2 Day Silversonic Outer Barrier Reef & Kuranda
This is a fantastic combination package to experience two Reef & Rainforest World Heritage environments. After a day of discovery at stunning Agincourt Reef, you'll visit the rainforest village of Kuranda, experiencing two incredible and picturesque journeys; the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway and the unique Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
DAY 1: Silversonic Snorkel Adventure
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
A day all about discovery and being in the water! You’ll explore three different Agincourt ribbon reef sites, each chosen for visual and ecological diversity when you travel with the ultramodern 29 metre catamaran, Silversonic. This vessel is custom-designed for small groups of adventure-minded people to revel in the thrill of diving and snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef.
Spend over 5 hours at the reef for unlimited adventure snorkelling, with the option (additional costs apply) of introductory and certified diving.
Silversonic features everything you’ll need to experience an underwater world of colourful marine life in safety and comfort including a state-of-the-art ride control system ensuring a super smooth journey, hydraulic dive and snorkel platforms for easy water access, spacious deck areas, hot freshwater showers, change rooms and even a licensed bar to share tales of your adventure.Your Day Includes:
- Return coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Return Silversonic cruise from Port Douglas.
- Morning and afternoon teas.
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch.
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided.
- Snorkel brief at each site.
- Qualified lifeguard supervision.
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit.
- Guided Snorkel Tour.
- Prescription masks available at no additional cost.
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 8.30am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
DAY 2: Kuranda
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Start your day aboard the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway, meandering to the Barron Falls and through mountainside tunnels. This breathtaking journey on one of the world’s most scenic train routes will take you through hand-hewn tunnels and across bridges with amazing views. Stop at Barron Gorge to view the falls before arriving at Kuranda station.
The remainder of the day is free for you to explore the “Village in the Rainforest”. Visit the Heritage Markets, which operate daily, or perhaps visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld or the Kuranda Koala Gardens (own expense). Day 2 lunch at own expense.
At the scheduled time, board Skyrail for the world’s most beautiful rainforest experience. Glide over the rainforest canopy and take advantage of the two stops en-route to enjoy a walk through the rainforest or visit the Rainforest Interpretive Centre.
Your journey ends at Skyrail’s Smithfield Lakes station where your coach will be waiting to take you back to your accommodation. Day two lunch at own cost.Your Kuranda Day includes:
- Complimentary hotel pick-up, time advised at time of booking.
- Coach transfer to Freshwater Railway Station
- Kuranda Scenic Rail departs at 9.45am
- View Barron River and Stoney Creek Falls
- Free time in Kuranda
- Heritage Markets operate daily
- Return by Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Experience at 3.30pm
- Return transfer to hotel
Total Package Price
Coach transfers from Port Douglas and all taxes are included in the total price.
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$363.50||$231.50|
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Day 1: Children: 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Day 2: Down Under Tours: Child age is 4-14 years; under 4 years is free
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years. Medical conditions apply.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2017.