2 Day Silversonic Outer Reef & Daintree Dreaming
After a day of snorkelling the renowned Agincourt Reef with Silversonic (diving optional), embark on another inspiring day to experience Aboriginal culture amid the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park.
DAY 1: Silversonic Snorkel Adventure
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
A day all about discovery and being in the water! You’ll explore three different Agincourt ribbon reef sites, each chosen for visual and ecological diversity when you travel with the ultramodern 29 metre catamaran, Silversonic. This vessel is custom-designed for small groups of adventure-minded people to revel in the thrill of diving and snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef.
Spend over 5 hours at the reef for unlimited adventure snorkelling, with the option (additional costs apply) of introductory and certified diving.
Silversonic features everything you’ll need to experience an underwater world of colourful marine life in safety and comfort including a state-of-the-art ride control system ensuring a super smooth journey, hydraulic dive and snorkel platforms for easy water access, spacious deck areas, hot freshwater showers, change rooms and even a licensed bar to share tales of your adventure.Your Day Includes:
- Return coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Return Silversonic cruise from Port Douglas.
- Morning and afternoon teas.
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch.
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided.
- Snorkel brief at each site.
- Qualified lifeguard supervision.
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit.
- Guided Snorkel Tour.
- Lycra suits
- Prescription masks available at no additional cost.
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 8.30am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
DAY 2 Afternoon: Daintree Dreaming Tour
Tour Operator: Adventure North
This exclusive and fully immersive rainforest tour allows you to join in a genuine Aboriginal cultural experience in the heart of the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park. Gain an understanding of the region’s original indigenous culture with this unique experience as you are guided through the traditional rainforest, mangrove and beach habitats of the Kuku Yalanji tribe.
The Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat tour will take you to the beautiful Cooya Beach, a traditional fishing ground, where you will join one of the Kubirri Warra brothers on a beach, mudflat and mangrove walk. This area is filled with diverse wildlife as a meeting point for three different ecosystems; beach, mangrove and costal reef. Here you will learn the ways of traditional fishing and gathering, a real chance to catch you own bush tucker! Back at the family home, your catch will be cooked up and served with homemade damper. Then it’s on to Mossman Gorge where you are greeted with a traditional smoking ceremony. While at the Mossman Gorge Centre, enjoy lunch at the edge of the rainforest. You will also have time to explore the art gallery featuring work from local artists.
Following lunch, your guide will take you to explore the lush rainforest of the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park. During an easy walk across boardwalks, tracks and bridges, learn about the flora, fauna and diverse ecosystem that makes this region completely unique. At the end of your day, you can refresh yourself in the private swimming hole encased by beautiful rainforest before beginning the return journey.Your Daintree Dreaming Tour includes:
- Complimentary hotel pickup from Port Douglas accommodation.
- 2 hour coastal and mangrove walk learning to catch and identify bush tucker
- Eat your catch with homemade damper
- Welcome to Country ceremony
- Guided interpretative tour through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge with an Adventure North guide
- Swim in a private swimming hole at Mossman Gorge
- Lunch at Mossman Gorge Centre (Itinerary can operate in reverse subject to the tide.)
Tour departs: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday Port Douglas area 9.00am.
Tour returns: Port Douglas area approx. 5.00pm.
Total Package PriceCoach transfers from Port Douglas and all taxes are included in the total price.
Minimum age 12 years.
|From PORT DOUGLAS, CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$445.50||$351.50|
*Day 1: Self Drive to The Reef Marine, coach transfers are available.
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Day 1: Children: 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Day 2: Child age is 4-14 years; tour not appropriate for children under 4
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.