2 Day Silversonic Outer Barrier Reef & Cape Tribulation
With this exciting combination, you'll experience three different reef sites at the renowned Agincourt Reef followed by a day exploring some of the oldest rainforest on our planet at Cape Tribulation in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest.
DAY 1: Silversonic Snorkel Adventure
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
A day all about discovery and being in the water! You’ll explore three different Agincourt ribbon reef sites, each chosen for visual and ecological diversity when you travel with the ultramodern 29 metre catamaran, Silversonic. This vessel is custom-designed for small groups of adventure-minded people to revel in the thrill of diving and snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef.
Spend over 5 hours at the reef for unlimited adventure snorkelling, with the option (additional costs apply) of introductory and certified diving.
Silversonic features everything you’ll need to experience an underwater world of colourful marine life in safety and comfort including a state-of-the-art ride control system ensuring a super smooth journey, hydraulic dive and snorkel platforms for easy water access, spacious deck areas, hot freshwater showers, change rooms and even a licensed bar to share tales of your adventure.Your Day Includes:
- Return coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Return Silversonic cruise from Port Douglas.
- Morning and afternoon teas.
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch.
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided.
- Snorkel brief at each site.
- Qualified lifeguard supervision.
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit.
- Guided Snorkel Tour.
- Prescription masks available at no additional cost.
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 8.30am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
DAY 2: Daintree Cape Tribulation Tours
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Down Under Tours provides a unique Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge experience that utilises the latest in GPS technology to provide a highly informative and comfortable full day tour. You will travel in air-conditioned comfort on a luxury, purpose-built vehicle to Cape Tribulation.
Your day begins with an early morning pickup from your Cairns or Port Douglas accommodation. From here, your professional and experienced guide takes you deep into the World Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest. Your first stop will be at the famous Daintree River for an hour-long guided river cruise. This is your chance to spot a wide range of Queensland wildlife including saltwater crocodiles, tree snakes, birdlife and unique vegetation.
You will then enjoy a drive through the Alexandra range, with a stop at Alexandra lookout where you can see the Daintree River estuary and across to Snapper Island and the Coral Sea. From here you will head to your lunch destination on an exclusive private rainforest property.
Next stop is at the world famous Cape Tribulation beach to see where the rainforest meets the reef. The final stop is at Mossman Gorge, a pristine rainforest gorge with crystal clear waters and deep cultural importance for the local Aboriginal tribe, the Kuku Yalanji. At the visitor centre, the indigenous presentation will give you a deeper understanding of the role this gorge has played in the tribe’s daily lives. After the presentation, a shuttle will take you into the gorge where your driver/guide will take you on a guided walk to share the knowledge about this enchanting rainforest. Afternoon tea is provided before the journey back to your accommodation.
Your Down Under Tours Cape tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge tour includes:
- Complimentary hotel pickup
- Professional driver/guide
- Daintree River Cruise
- Alexandra Lookout
- Lunch in rainforest setting
- Cape Tribulation beach and boardwalk
- Mossman Gorge centre including Indigenous presentation, afternoon tea and guided walk
- GPS guided commentary (passengers are welcome to bring their own headsets, or they can be purchased on the day for an additional $5.00)
Tour departs: Port Douglas area from 7.45am
Tour returns: Port Douglas area approx. 5.30pm.
Total Package Price
Coach transfers from Port Douglas and all taxes are included in the total price.
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$409.50||$279.50|
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Child age is 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2017.