2 Day Silversonic Outer Barrier Reef & Cape Tribulation
With this exciting combination, you'll experience three different reef sites at the renowned Agincourt Reef followed by a day exploring some of the oldest rainforest on our planet at Cape Tribulation in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest.
DAY 1: Silversonic Snorkel Adventure
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
A day all about discovery and being in the water! You’ll explore three different Agincourt ribbon reef sites, each chosen for visual and ecological diversity when you travel with the ultramodern 29 metre catamaran, Silversonic. This vessel is custom-designed for small groups of adventure-minded people to revel in the thrill of diving and snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef.
Spend over 5 hours at the reef for unlimited adventure snorkelling, with the option (additional costs apply) of introductory and certified diving.
Silversonic features everything you’ll need to experience an underwater world of colourful marine life in safety and comfort including a state-of-the-art ride control system ensuring a super smooth journey, hydraulic dive and snorkel platforms for easy water access, spacious deck areas, hot freshwater showers, change rooms and even a licensed bar to share tales of your adventure.Your Day Includes:
- Return coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Return Silversonic cruise from Port Douglas.
- Morning and afternoon teas.
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch.
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided.
- Snorkel brief at each site.
- Qualified lifeguard supervision.
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit.
- Guided Snorkel Tour.
- Lycra suits
- Prescription masks available at no additional cost.
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 8.30am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
DAY 2: Daintree Cape Tribulation Tours
Tour Operator: Billy Tea Safaris
Billy Tea Safaris will take you on a small personalised tour into the Daintree and rugged terrain of the Bloomfield Track beyond Cape Tribulation for your rainforest adventure. With a maximum of 16 passengers in your custom-built 4WD vehicle, the naturalist guides will share their extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture.
Your rainforest journey starts as you head north along the scenic coastal route to the township of Mossman. Lush farmland contrasts with seascape approaching the majestic Daintree River. The informative Daintree River cruise is a highlight to see the splendour of the Daintree and learn of estuarine crocodiles, mangrove forests and wildlife in this magnificent diverse ecosystem.
Then it’s onto Alexandra Range to enjoy a panoramic view of the World Heritage Tropical Rainforest merging with the Coral Sea. Here on the elevated Guided National Park Boardwalk, there’s interpretation of the rainforest’s flora and fauna.
Enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch and the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo. Your tour will take you beyond Cape Tribulation along the 4WD Bloomfield Track to pristine Emmagen Creek where you can take a refreshing rainforest stream swim. Seek fish and turtles in the creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and indulge in a feast of tropical fruit and a cup of Billy Tea in this tranquil setting.
At Cape Tribulation Beach you can swim in the Coral Sea (seasonal) or stroll along the beach and boardwalk. After a short afternoon refreshment stop, you will cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin the homeward journey after your total rainforest experience.
Your Billy Tea Bush Safari Cape Tribulation Day includes:
- Complimentary hotel pick up and drop off.
- Morning and afternoon teas
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise viewing Crocodiles, varied birdlife & beautiful mangroves
- Aussie BBQ lunch with steak and fresh salads. (Dietary requirements can be catered for on notification of booking).
- Opportunity to hand feed kangaroos and wallabies at Lync Haven.
- Alexandra Lookout
- Guided rainforest walks with full interpretation of the plants and animals.
- Opportunity to swim at Cape Tribulation Beach (seasonal) and in the beautiful fresh water at Emmagen Creek.
- Exotic tropical fruit tasting, traditional Billy Tea and damper.
- Eco Accredited Naturalist Guide.
Tour departs: Cairns CBD area from 6.50am – 7.15am, Northern Beaches from 7.20am and Port Douglas area from 8.20am.
Tour returns: Port Douglas approx. 5.30pm, Northern Beaches approx 6.00pm and Cairns CBD area approx 6.30pm.
Total Package Price
Coach transfers from Port Douglas and all taxes are included in the total price.
|From PORT DOUGLAS, CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$440.50||$324.50|
*Day 1: Self Drive to The Reef Marine, coach transfers are available.
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Child age is 0 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.