2 Day Outer Reef & Kuranda Rainforest Adventure
Experience two renowned World Heritage environments over two full days… After a day of discovery on the Outer Great Barrier Reef with Great Adventures you will journey to visit the rainforest village of Kuranda. You’ll travel through and above ancient rainforests with the famous Kuranda Scenic Train and the unique Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
DAY 1: Great Barrier Reef Adventure - Full Day
Tour Operator: Great Adventures
Get set for your Great Adventure! Escape into a world of surprises and experience the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef with Great Adventures exciting Outer Reef cruise.
Departing from Cairns, you’ll cruise in comfort aboard a modern, fast catamaran to a spacious activity platform moored at a magnificent site on the outer reaches of the Great Barrier Reef. Guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers can enjoy a magical day of discovery. With the air-conditioned semi-submersible and underwater observatory, you don't even have to get wet to discover the reef. Snorkel and dive amongst beautiful coral gardens and colourful marine life, or just relax on the sundeck with a delicious buffet lunch and enjoy the amazing marine-scape!
Your Great Barrier Reef Adventure Includes:
- Coach transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotel/accommodation
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise from Cairns
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Morning tea cake selection on outward journey
- Hot and cold buffet lunch with seafood
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Buoyancy vests
- Reef education presentation
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
- Underwater observatory
- Eco reef talk with marine naturalist in underwater observatory
- Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform, cheese and biscuits on return journey
Exciting optional activities include scuba diving, guided snorkel tours, the exclusive Scuba-Doo underwater scooter and scenic helicopter flights to see the reef from a different perspective.
Tour departs from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Spence Street Cairns
Departs Cairns 10.30am, Returns Cairns: 5.30pm
DAY 2: Kuranda Skyrail Rainforest Cableway - Full Day
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Make your visit to the rainforest village of Kuranda a memorable one. Board the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a breathtaking journey on one of the world's most scenic train routes will take you through hand-hewn tunnels and across bridges with amazing views. Stop at Barron Gorge to view the falls before arriving at beautiful Kuranda station.
The remainder of the day is free for you to explore the "Village in the Rainforest". Visit the Heritage Markets , which operate daily, or perhaps visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld or the Kuranda Koala Gardens (own expense).
At the scheduled time, board Skyrail for the world's most beautiful rainforest experience. Glide over the rainforest canopy and take advantage of the two stops en-route to enjoy a walk through the rainforest or visit the Rainforest Interpretive Centre.
Your journey ends at Skyrail’s Smithfield Lakes station where your coach will be waiting to take you back to your accommodation. Day two lunch is at your own cost.
Your Kuranda Day includes:
- Complimentary hotel pick-up, time advised at time of booking.
- Coach transfer to Freshwater Railway Station
- Kuranda Scenic Rail departs at 09:45am
- View Barron River and Stoney Creek Falls
- Free time in Kuranda
- Heritage Markets operate daily
- Return by Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Experience at 1.15pm
- Return transfer to hotel
Total Package Price
Coach transfers, all taxes and levies included in total price.
Payable direct to Great Adventures
|Total Package Price||$366.50||$193.50||$997.00|
|From NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Great Adventures
|Total Package Price||$372.50||$193.50||$1,024.00|
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.General Conditions
- Children: 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2017.