2 Day Outer Barrier Reef & Kuranda Rainforest Experience
Experience renowned Reef and Rainforest World Heritage environments over two full days.
Day 1: Quicksilver Outer Reef Cruise
Day 2: After a day of discovery at stunning Agincourt Reef, you’ll visit the rainforest village of Kuranda, experiencing two incredible and picturesque journeys. Day 2 lunch at own cost.
DAY 1: Quicksilver Outer Reef Cruise
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
For your experience of a lifetime, discover a world of beauty, vibrant coral gardens and diverse marine life when you cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef with Quicksilver.
Quicksilver’s highspeed wavepiercing catamaran will take you in airconditioned comfort to an exclusive activity platform moored at the renowned Agincourt Reef, a jewel-like ribbon reef on the edge of Australia’s Continental Shelf. The Agincourt ribbon reef systems showcase spectacular coral formations, colourful marine life and exceptional underwater visibility.
From the spacious activity platform guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers alike, can experience this stunning reef world in comfort, whether you choose to get wet and snorkel or stay dry and observe. Friendly and attentive crew, including professional marine biologists, are on hand to ensure you enjoy and gain the most from your day. Explore the reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible, discover in the underwater observatory, watch the fascinating fish feeding presentation or snorkel and dive in the beautiful coral gardens.
Your Day Includes:
- Coach transfer to your hotel / accommodation
- Return Wavepiercer cruise from Port Douglas Reef Marina
- Morning and afternoon teas on board
- Reef presentation by marine biologist
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels – cruise as often as you like!
- Fish feeding [conducted by crew].
Exciting optional activities (additional cost) include introductory and certified scuba diving, Marine Biologist guided snorkel tours, Oceanwalker helmet diving and scenic helicopter flights.
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 10am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
DAY 2: Kuranda
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Start your day aboard the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway, meandering to the Barron Falls and through mountainside tunnels. This breathtaking journey on one of the world's most scenic train routes will take you through hand-hewn tunnels and across bridges with amazing views. Stop at Barron Gorge to view the falls before arriving at Kuranda station.
The remainder of the day is free for you to explore the "Village in the Rainforest". Visit the Heritage Markets, which operate daily, or perhaps visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld or the Kuranda Koala Gardens (own expense). Day 2 lunch at own expense.
At the scheduled time, board Skyrail for the world's most beautiful rainforest experience. Glide over the rainforest canopy and take advantage of the two stops en-route to enjoy a walk through the rainforest or visit the Rainforest Interpretive Centre.
Your journey ends at Skyrail’s Smithfield Lakes station where your coach will be waiting to take you back to your accommodation. Day two lunch at own cost.
Your Kuranda includes:
- Complimentary hotel pick-up, time advised at time of booking.
- Coach transfer to Freshwater Railway Station
- Kuranda Scenic Rail departs at 9.45am
- View Barron River and Stoney Creek Falls
- Free time in Kuranda
- Heritage Markets operate daily
- Return by Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Experience at 3.30pm
- Return transfer to hotel
Total Package PriceCoach transfers, all taxes and levies included in total price.
|From CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$372.50||$196.50||$974.00|
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$379.50||$196.50||$987.00|
*Self-drive to Reef marina, Port Douglas. Coach transfers are available.
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.
- Children: 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2017.