2 Day Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef & Cape Tribulation Experience
With this exciting combination, you'll experience the magical underwater kingdom of the renowned Agincourt Reef and then explore some of the oldest rainforest on our planet at Cape Tribulation in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest.
DAY 1: Quicksilver Outer Reef Cruise
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
For your experience of a lifetime, discover a world of beauty, vibrant coral gardens and diverse marine life when you cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef with Quicksilver.
Quicksilver's highspeed wavepiercing catamaran will take you in airconditioned comfort to an exclusive activity platform moored at the renowned Agincourt Reef, a jewel-like ribbon reef on the edge of Australia's Continental Shelf. The Agincourt ribbon reef systems showcase spectacular coral formations, colourful marine life and exceptional underwater visibility.
From the spacious activity platform guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers alike, can experience this stunning reef world in comfort, whether you choose to get wet and snorkel or stay dry and observe. Friendly and attentive crew, including professional marine biologists, are on hand to ensure you enjoy and gain the most from your day. Explore the reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible, discover in the underwater observatory, watch the fascinating fish feeding presentation or snorkel and dive in the beautiful coral gardens.
Your Day Includes:
- Coach transfer to your hotel / accommodation
- Return Wavepiercer cruise from Port Douglas Reef Marina
- Morning and afternoon teas on board
- Reef presentation by marine biologist
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels – cruise as often as you like!
- Fish feeding [conducted by crew].
Exciting optional activities (additional cost) include introductory and certified scuba diving, Marine Biologist guided snorkel tours, Oceanwalker helmet diving and scenic helicopter flights.
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 10am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
DAY 2: Daintree Cape Tribulation Tours
Tour Operator: Billy Tea Safaris
Billy Tea Safaris will take you on a small personalised tour into the Daintree and rugged terrain of the Bloomfield Track beyond Cape Tribulation for your rainforest adventure. With a maximum of 16 passengers in your custom-built 4WD vehicle, the naturalist guides will share their extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture.
Your rainforest journey starts as you head north along the scenic coastal route to the township of Mossman. Lush farmland contrasts with seascape approaching the majestic Daintree River. The informative Daintree River cruise is a highlight to see the splendour of the Daintree and learn of estuarine crocodiles, mangrove forests and wildlife in this magnificent diverse ecosystem.
Then it’s onto Alexandra Range to enjoy a panoramic view of the World Heritage Tropical Rainforest merging with the Coral Sea. Here on the elevated Guided National Park Boardwalk, there’s interpretation of the rainforest’s flora and fauna.
Enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch and the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo. Your tour will take you beyond Cape Tribulation along the 4WD Bloomfield Track to pristine Emmagen Creek where you can take a refreshing rainforest stream swim. Seek fish and turtles in the creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and indulge in a feast of tropical fruit and a cup of Billy Tea in this tranquil setting.
At Cape Tribulation Beach you can swim in the Coral Sea (seasonal) or stroll along the beach and boardwalk. After a short afternoon refreshment stop, you will cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin the homeward journey after your total rainforest experience.
Your Billy Tea Bush Safari Cape Tribulation Day includes:
- Complimentary hotel pick up and drop off.
- Morning and afternoon teas
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise viewing Crocodiles, varied birdlife & beautiful mangroves
- Aussie BBQ lunch with steak and fresh salads. (Dietary requirements can be catered for on notification of booking).
- Opportunity to hand feed kangaroos and wallabies at Lync Haven.
- Alexandra Lookout
- Guided rainforest walks with full interpretation of the plants and animals.
- Opportunity to swim at Cape Tribulation Beach (seasonal) and in the beautiful fresh water at Emmagen Creek.
- Exotic tropical fruit tasting, traditional Billy Tea and damper.
- Eco Accredited Naturalist Guide.
Tour departs: Cairns CBD area from 6.50am – 7.15am, Northern Beaches from 7.20am and Port Douglas area from 8.20am.
Tour returns: Port Douglas approx. 5.30pm, Northern Beaches approx 6.00pm and Cairns CBD area approx 6.30pm.
Total Package Price
Coach transfers, all taxes and levies included in total price.
|From CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$463.50||$263.50||$1,245.00|
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$427.50||$244.50||$1,212.00|
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.
- Child age is 0 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2017.