2 Day Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef & Cape Tribulation Experience
With this exciting combination, you'll experience the magical underwater kingdom of the renowned Agincourt Reef and then explore some of the oldest rainforest on our planet at Cape Tribulation in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest.
DAY 1: Quicksilver Outer Reef Cruise
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
For your experience of a lifetime, discover a world of beauty, vibrant coral gardens and diverse marine life when you cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef with Quicksilver.
Quicksilver's highspeed wavepiercing catamaran will take you in airconditioned comfort to an exclusive activity platform moored at the renowned Agincourt Reef, a jewel-like ribbon reef on the edge of Australia's Continental Shelf. The Agincourt ribbon reef systems showcase spectacular coral formations, colourful marine life and exceptional underwater visibility.
From the spacious activity platform guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers alike, can experience this stunning reef world in comfort, whether you choose to get wet and snorkel or stay dry and observe. Friendly and attentive crew, including professional marine biologists, are on hand to ensure you enjoy and gain the most from your day. Explore the reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible, discover in the underwater observatory, watch the fascinating fish feeding presentation or snorkel and dive in the beautiful coral gardens.
Your Day Includes:
- Coach transfer to your hotel / accommodation
- Return Wavepiercer cruise from Port Douglas Reef Marina
- Morning and afternoon teas on board
- Reef presentation by marine biologist
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels – cruise as often as you like!
- Fish feeding [conducted by crew].
Exciting optional activities (additional cost) include introductory and certified scuba diving, Marine Biologist guided snorkel tours, Oceanwalker helmet diving and scenic helicopter flights.
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 10am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
DAY 2: Daintree Cape Tribulation Tours
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Down Under Tours provides a unique Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge experience that utilises the latest in GPS technology to provide a highly informative and comfortable full day tour. You will travel in air-conditioned comfort on a luxury, purpose-built vehicle to Cape Tribulation.
Your day begins with an early morning pickup from your Cairns or Port Douglas accommodation. From here, your professional and experienced guide takes you deep into the World Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest. Your first stop will be at the famous Daintree River for an hour-long guided river cruise. This is your chance to spot a wide range of Queensland wildlife including saltwater crocodiles, tree snakes, birdlife and unique vegetation.
You will then enjoy a drive through the Alexandra range, with a stop at Alexandra lookout where you can see the Daintree River estuary and across to Snapper Island and the Coral Sea. From here you will head to your lunch destination on an exclusive private rainforest property.
Next stop is at the world famous Cape Tribulation beach to see where the rainforest meets the reef. The final stop is at Mossman Gorge, a pristine rainforest gorge with crystal clear waters and deep cultural importance for the local Aboriginal tribe, the Kuku Yalanji. At the visitor centre, the indigenous presentation will give you a deeper understanding of the role this gorge has played in the tribe’s daily lives. After the presentation, a shuttle will take you into the gorge where your driver/guide will take you on a guided walk to share the knowledge about this enchanting rainforest. Afternoon tea is provided before the journey back to your accommodation.
Your Down Under Tours Cape tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge tour includes:
- Complimentary hotel pickup
- Professional driver/guide
- Daintree River Cruise
- Alexandra Lookout
- Lunch in rainforest setting
- Cape Tribulation beach and boardwalk
- Mossman Gorge centre including Indigenous presentation, afternoon tea and guided walk
- GPS guided commentary (passengers are welcome to bring their own headsets, or they can be purchased on the day for an additional $5.00)
Tour Departs: Cairns area from 6.45am, Port Douglas area from 7.45am
Tour Returns: Port Douglas area approx. 5.30pm, Cairns area approx. 6.30pm
Total Package Price
Coach transfers, all taxes and levies included in total price.
|From CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$463.50||$263.50||$1,245.00|
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$427.50||$244.50||$1,212.00|
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.
- Child age is 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2017.