2 Day Poseidon Outer Barrier Reef & Kuranda
Experience the renowned Agincourt ribbon reefs with Poseidon then on Day 2, visit the rainforest village of Kuranda, journeying aboard the Kuranda Scenic Railway and the unique Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience.
DAY 1: Poseidon (Snorkel & Cruise)
Tour Operator: Poseidon Cruises
Poseidon will take you on a journey of discovery with a personalised snorkel and dive adventure to experience 3 different reef sites at the renowned Agincourt ribbon reefs. Agincourt Reef’s clear outer reef waters, incredible array of marine life and beautiful corals, showcases one of the most spectacular environments in the entire Great Barrier Reef.
You will be able to enjoy unlimited snorkelling in this marine wilderness. Certified divers have the opportunity to dive at each of the 3 sites which are selected daily from Poseidon’s 30 exclusive reef sites at the Agincourt ribbon reefs and Escape Reef, providing some of the very best day boat diving.
An added bonus during whale season, Poseidon also has a special permit to swim with dwarf minke whales if encountered, a magical experience.Your Day Includes:
- Return coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Visit 3 different reef sites
- Morning tea and coffee with fresh muffins and focaccia on boarding
- Tropical buffet lunch with prawns
- Afternoon tea with cake and tropical fruit
- Reef interpretation talk
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction, lycra suits and flotation devices (prescription masks available at no extra cost).
Tour departs Poseidon departs daily from the Reef Marina Port Douglas at 8.30am and returns at 4.30pm.
DAY 2: Kuranda
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Start your day aboard the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway, meandering to the Barron Falls and through mountainside tunnels. This breathtaking journey on one of the world’s most scenic train routes will take you through hand-hewn tunnels and across bridges with amazing views. Stop at Barron Gorge to view the falls before arriving at Kuranda station.
The remainder of the day is free for you to explore the “Village in the Rainforest”. Visit the Heritage Markets, which operate daily, or perhaps visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld or the Kuranda Koala Gardens (own expense). Day 2 lunch at own expense.
At the scheduled time, board Skyrail for the world’s most beautiful rainforest experience. Glide over the rainforest canopy and take advantage of the two stops en-route to enjoy a walk through the rainforest or visit the Rainforest Interpretive Centre.
Your journey ends at Skyrail’s Smithfield Lakes station where your coach will be waiting to take you back to your accommodation.Your Kuranda Day includes:
- Complimentary hotel pick-up, time advised at time of booking.
- Coach transfer to Freshwater Railway Station
- Kuranda Scenic Rail departs at 09:45am
- View Barron River and Stoney Creek Falls
- Free time in Kuranda
- Heritage Markets operate daily
- Return by Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Experience at 1.15pm
- Return transfer to hotel
Total Package Price
Coach transfers from Port Douglas and all taxes are included in the total price.
|From CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child|
Payable direct to Poseidon Cruises
|Total Package Price||$363.50||$236.50|
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child|
Payable direct toPoseidon Cruises
|Total Package Price||$369.50||$235.50|
*Day 1: Self Drive to The Reef Marine, coach transfers are available.
Poseidon Certified Diving*EMC
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Child age is 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years. Medical conditions apply.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.