2 Day Poseidon Outer Reef & Daintree Dreaming
A fun and inspiring tour combination. After a day of adventure snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef (diving is optional), experience Aboriginal culture amid the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park.
DAY 1: Poseidon (Snorkel & Cruise)
Tour Operator: Poseidon Cruises
Poseidon will take you on a journey of discovery with a personalised snorkel and dive adventure to experience 3 different reef sites at the renowned Agincourt ribbon reefs. Agincourt Reef’s clear outer reef waters, incredible array of marine life and beautiful corals, showcases one of the most spectacular environments in the entire Great Barrier Reef.
You will be able to enjoy unlimited snorkelling in this marine wilderness. Certified divers have the opportunity to dive at each of the 3 sites which are selected daily from Poseidon’s 30 exclusive reef sites at the Agincourt ribbon reefs and Escape Reef, providing some of the very best day boat diving.
An added bonus during whale season, Poseidon also has a special permit to swim with dwarf minke whales if encountered, a magical experience.Your Day Includes:
- Return coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Visit 3 different reef sites
- Morning tea and coffee with fresh muffins and focaccia on boarding
- Tropical buffet lunch with prawns
- Afternoon tea with cake and tropical fruit
- Reef interpretation talk
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction, lycra suits and flotation devices (prescription masks available at no extra cost).
Tour departs Poseidon departs daily from the Reef Marina Port Douglas at 8.30am and returns at 4.30pm.
DAY 2: Daintree Dreaming Tour
Tour Operator: Adventure North Australia
This exclusive and fully immersive rainforest tour allows you to join in a genuine Aboriginal cultural experience in the heart of the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park. Gain an understanding of the region’s original indigenous culture with this unique experience as you are guided through the traditional rainforest, mangrove and beach habitats of the Kuku Yalanji tribe.
The Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat tour will take you to the beautiful Cooya Beach, a traditional fishing ground, where you will join one of the Kubirri Warra brothers on a beach, mudflat and mangrove walk. This area is filled with diverse wildlife as a meeting point for three different ecosystems; beach, mangrove and costal reef. Here you will learn the ways of traditional fishing and gathering, a real chance to catch you own bush tucker! Back at the family home, your catch will be cooked up and served with homemade damper. Then it’s on to Mossman Gorge where you are greeted with a traditional smoking ceremony. While at the Mossman Gorge Centre, enjoy lunch at the edge of the rainforest. You will also have time to explore the art gallery featuring work from local artists.
Following lunch, your guide will take you to explore the lush rainforest of the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park. During an easy walk across boardwalks, tracks and bridges, learn about the flora, fauna and diverse ecosystem that makes this region completely unique. At the end of your day, you can refresh yourself in the private swimming hole encased by beautiful rainforest before beginning the return journey.Your Daintree Dreaming Tour includes:
- Complimentary hotel pickup from Port Douglas accommodation.
- 2 hour coastal and mangrove walk learning to catch and identify bush tucker
- Eat your catch with homemade damper
- Welcome to Country ceremony
- Guided interpretative tour through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge with an Adventure North guide
- Swim in a private swimming hole at Mossman Gorge
- Lunch at Mossman Gorge Centre (Itinerary can operate in reverse subject to the tide.)
Tour departs: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday Port Douglas area 9.00am.
Tour returns: Port Douglas area approx. 5.00pm.
Total Package Price
Coach transfers from Port Douglas and all taxes are included in the total price.
Minimum age 12 years.
Note: This package tour is only available from Port Douglas.
|From PORT DOUGLAS, CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child|
Payable direct to Poseidon
|Total Package Price||$454.50||$330.50|
*Day 1: Self Drive to Marina Mirage, coach transfers are available.
Poseidon Certified Diving*EMC
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Day 1: Child age 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Day 2: Minimum age for Daintree Dreaming tour is 4 years.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years. Medical conditions apply.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.