2 Day Poseidon Outer Barrier Reef & Cape Tribulation
Experience two remarkable World Heritage regions over two days. After a day on the wonderful Great Barrier Reef, you'll travel through some of the oldest rainforest in the world. Experience a Daintree River Cruise, Cape Tribulation Beach and Mossman Gorge Centre.
DAY 1: Poseidon (Snorkel & Cruise)
Tour Operator: Poseidon Cruises
Poseidon will take you on a journey of discovery with a personalised snorkel and dive adventure to experience 3 different reef sites at the renowned Agincourt ribbon reefs. Agincourt Reef’s clear outer reef waters, incredible array of marine life and beautiful corals, showcases one of the most spectacular environments in the entire Great Barrier Reef.
You will be able to enjoy unlimited snorkelling in this marine wilderness. Certified divers have the opportunity to dive at each of the 3 sites which are selected daily from Poseidon’s 30 exclusive reef sites at the Agincourt ribbon reefs and Escape Reef, providing some of the very best day boat diving.
An added bonus during whale season, Poseidon also has a special permit to swim with dwarf minke whales if encountered, a magical experience.Your Day Includes:
- Return coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Visit 3 different reef sites
- Morning tea and coffee with fresh muffins and focaccia on boarding
- Tropical buffet lunch with prawns
- Afternoon tea with cake and tropical fruit
- Reef interpretation talk
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction, lycra suits and flotation devices (prescription masks available at no extra cost).
Tour departs Poseidon departs daily from the Reef Marina Port Douglas at 8.30am and returns at 4.30pm.
DAY 2: Daintree Cape Tribulation Tour
Tour Operator: Billy Tea Safaris
Billy Tea Safaris will take you on a small personalised tour into the Daintree and rugged terrain of the Bloomfield Track beyond Cape Tribulation for your rainforest adventure. With a maximum of 16 passengers in your custom-built 4WD vehicle, the naturalist guides will share their extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture.
Your rainforest journey starts as you head north along the scenic coastal route to the township of Mossman. Lush farmland contrasts with seascape approaching the majestic Daintree River. The informative Daintree River cruise is a highlight to see the splendour of the Daintree and learn of estuarine crocodiles, mangrove forests and wildlife in this magnificent diverse ecosystem.
Then it’s onto Alexandra Range to enjoy a panoramic view of the World Heritage Tropical Rainforest merging with the Coral Sea. Here on the elevated Guided National Park Boardwalk, there’s interpretation of the rainforest’s flora and fauna.
Enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch and the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo. Your tour will take you beyond Cape Tribulation along the 4WD Bloomfield Track to pristine Emmagen Creek where you can take a refreshing rainforest stream swim. Seek fish and turtles in the creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and indulge in a feast of tropical fruit and a cup of Billy Tea in this tranquil setting.
At Cape Tribulation Beach you can swim in the Coral Sea (seasonal) or stroll along the beach and boardwalk. After a short afternoon refreshment stop, you will cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin the homeward journey after your total rainforest experience.
Your Billy Tea Bush Safari Cape Tribulation Day includes:
- Complimentary hotel pick up and drop off.
- Morning and afternoon teas
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise viewing Crocodiles, varied birdlife & beautiful mangroves
- Aussie BBQ lunch with steak and fresh salads. (Dietary requirements can be catered for on notification of booking).
- Opportunity to hand feed kangaroos and wallabies at Lync Haven.
- Alexandra Lookout
- Guided rainforest walks with full interpretation of the plants and animals.
- Opportunity to swim at Cape Tribulation Beach (seasonal) and in the beautiful fresh water at Emmagen Creek.
- Exotic tropical fruit tasting, traditional Billy Tea and damper.
- Eco Accredited Naturalist Guide.
Tour departs: Port Douglas area from 8.20am
Tour returns: Port Douglas approx. 5.30pm
Total Package Price
Coach transfers from Port Douglas and all taxes are included in the total price.
|From PORT DOUGLAS, CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child|
Payable direct to Poseidon Cruises
|Total Package Price||$449.50||$359.50|
*Day 1: Self Drive to The Reef Marine, coach transfers are available.
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Child age is 0 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years. Medical conditions apply.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.