2 Day Low Isles & Kuranda Rainforest Experience
A wonderful combination of experiences - set sail for a day of island discovery and relaxation on the Great Barrier Reef, then visit the rainforest village of Kuranda experiencing two incredible and picturesque journeys.
DAY 1: Wavedancer Low Isles Cruise
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
Set like a jewel in the Great Barrier Reef, Low Isles is an idyllic, unspoilt coral cay island – a tropical island paradise. Combined with the romance of sailing aboard Quicksilver’s luxury 30 metre sailing catamaran, Wavedancer, this is the perfect day for families and couples seeking island relaxation.
From the moment Wavedancer moors in the calm waters of the island’s picturesque lagoon, a host of reef activities await. Our friendly crew will take you on a leisurely, informative day where island visitor numbers are limited.
Discover the mysteries of marine life while snorkelling or glass bottom boat viewing. Take a guided beach walk and snorkelling tour with a marine biologist or just relax on the beach under a thatched umbrella or on the decks of Wavedancer. Your day also includes a delicious tropical buffet lunch served onboard Wavedancer.
Your Day Includes:
- Return Wavedancer cruise from Port Douglas
- Morning and afternoon teas onboard
- Marine Biologist Reef Presentation
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing
- Marine Biologist guided beach walk
- Marine Biologist guided snorkel tour
- Lycra suits
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 10am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
DAY 2: Kuranda
Tour Operator: Skyrail
Start your day aboard the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway, meandering to the Barron Falls and through mountainside tunnels. This breathtaking journey on one of the world's most scenic train routes will take you through hand-hewn tunnels and across bridges with amazing views. Stop at Barron Gorge to view the falls before arriving at Kuranda station.
The remainder of the day is free for you to explore the "Village in the Rainforest". Visit the Heritage Markets, which operate daily, or perhaps visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld or the Kuranda Koala Gardens (own expense). Day 2 lunch at own expense.
At the scheduled time, board Skyrail for the world's most beautiful rainforest experience. Glide over the rainforest canopy and take advantage of the two stops en-route to enjoy a walk through the rainforest or visit the Rainforest Interpretive Centre.
Your journey ends at Skyrail’s Smithfield Lakes station where your coach will be waiting to take you back to your accommodation.Your Kuranda Day includes:
- Coach transfer to Freshwater Railway Station
- Kuranda Scenic Rail departs at 9.45am
- View Barron River and Stoney Creek Falls
- Free time in Kuranda
- Heritage Markets operate daily
- Return by Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Experience at 3.30pm
- Return transfer to hotel
Total Package PriceAll taxes and levies included in total price.
|From CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$323.50||$170.50||$848.00|
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$329.50||$169.50||$862.00|
* Day 1 Self-drive to Reef marina, Port Douglas. Coach transfers are available.
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.General Conditions
- Children: 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.