2 Day Low Isles & Cape Tribulation Experience
With this fantastic Great Barrier Reef island and rainforest combination, you'll experience a day of relaxation on the idyllic Low Isles followed by a day exploring Cape Tribulation in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest.
DAY 1: Wavedancer Low Isles Cruise
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
Set like a jewel in the Great Barrier Reef, Low Isles is an idyllic, unspoilt coral cay island – a tropical island paradise. Combined with the romance of sailing aboard Quicksilver’s luxury 30 metre sailing catamaran, Wavedancer, this is the perfect day for families and couples seeking island relaxation.
From the moment Wavedancer moors in the calm waters of the island’s picturesque lagoon, a host of reef activities await. Our friendly crew will take you on a leisurely, informative day where island visitor numbers are limited.
Discover the mysteries of marine life while snorkelling or glass bottom boat viewing. Take a guided beach walk and snorkelling tour with a marine biologist or just relax on the beach under a thatched umbrella or on the decks of Wavedancer. Your day also includes a delicious tropical buffet lunch served onboard Wavedancer.
Your Day Includes:
- Return Wavedancer cruise from Port Douglas
- Morning and afternoon teas onboard
- Marine Biologist Reef Presentation
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing
- Lycra suits Included
- Marine Biologist guided beach walk
- Marine Biologist guided snorkel tour
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 10am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
DAY 2: Daintree Cape Tribulation Tours
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Down Under Tours provides a unique Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge experience that utilises the latest in GPS technology to provide a highly informative and comfortable full day tour. You will travel in air-conditioned comfort on a luxury, purpose-built vehicle to Cape Tribulation.
Your day begins with an early morning pickup from your Cairns or Port Douglas accommodation. From here, your professional and experienced guide takes you deep into the World Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest. Your first stop will be at the famous Daintree River for an hour-long guided river cruise. This is your chance to spot a wide range of Queensland wildlife including saltwater crocodiles, tree snakes, birdlife and unique vegetation.
You will then enjoy a drive through the Alexandra range, with a stop at Alexandra lookout where you can see the Daintree River estuary and across to Snapper Island and the Coral Sea. From here you will head to your lunch destination on an exclusive private rainforest property.
Next stop is at the world famous Cape Tribulation beach to see where the rainforest meets the reef. The final stop is at Mossman Gorge, a pristine rainforest gorge with crystal clear waters and deep cultural importance for the local Aboriginal tribe, the Kuku Yalanji. At the visitor centre, the indigenous presentation will give you a deeper understanding of the role this gorge has played in the tribe’s daily lives. After the presentation, a shuttle will take you into the gorge where your driver/guide will take you on a guided walk to share the knowledge about this enchanting rainforest. Afternoon tea is provided before the journey back to your accommodation.
Your Down Under Tours Cape tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge tour includes:
- Complimentary hotel pickup
- Professional driver/guide
- Daintree River Cruise
- Alexandra Lookout
- Lunch in rainforest setting
- Cape Tribulation beach and boardwalk
- Mossman Gorge centre including Indigenous presentation, afternoon tea and guided walk
- GPS guided commentary (passengers are welcome to bring their own headsets, or they can be purchased on the day for an additional $5.00)
Tour Departs: Cairns area from 6.45am, Port Douglas area from 7.45am
Tour Returns: Port Douglas area approx. 5.30pm, Cairns area approx. 6.30pm
Total Package PriceCoach transfers, all taxes and levies included in total price.
|From CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$416.50||$239.50||$1,199.00|
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$379.50||$218.50||$1,102.00|
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.General Conditions
- Child age is 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2017.