2 Day Low Isles & Cape Tribulation Experience
With this fantastic Great Barrier Reef island and rainforest combination, you'll experience a day of relaxation on the idyllic Low Isles followed by a day exploring Cape Tribulation in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest.
DAY 1: Wavedancer Low Isles Cruise
Tour Operator: Quicksilver Cruises
Set like a jewel in the Great Barrier Reef, Low Isles is an idyllic, unspoilt coral cay island – a tropical island paradise. Combined with the romance of sailing aboard Quicksilver’s luxury 30 metre sailing catamaran, Wavedancer, this is the perfect day for families and couples seeking island relaxation.
From the moment Wavedancer moors in the calm waters of the island’s picturesque lagoon, a host of reef activities await. Our friendly crew will take you on a leisurely, informative day where island visitor numbers are limited.
Discover the mysteries of marine life while snorkelling or glass bottom boat viewing. Take a guided beach walk and snorkelling tour with a marine biologist or just relax on the beach under a thatched umbrella or on the decks of Wavedancer. Your day also includes a delicious tropical buffet lunch served onboard Wavedancer.
Your Day Includes:
- Return Wavedancer cruise from Port Douglas
- Morning and afternoon teas onboard
- Marine Biologist Reef Presentation
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing
- Lycra suits Included
- Marine Biologist guided beach walk
- Marine Biologist guided snorkel tour
Tour departs from Reef Marina, Wharf Street Port Douglas
Departs Port Douglas: 10am, Returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
DAY 2: Daintree Cape Tribulation Tours
Tour Operator: Billy Tea Safaris
Billy Tea Safaris will take you on a small personalised tour into the Daintree and rugged terrain of the Bloomfield Track beyond Cape Tribulation for your rainforest adventure. With a maximum of 16 passengers in your custom-built 4WD vehicle, the naturalist guides will share their extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture.
Your rainforest journey starts as you head north along the scenic coastal route to the township of Mossman. Lush farmland contrasts with seascape approaching the majestic Daintree River. The informative Daintree River cruise is a highlight to see the splendour of the Daintree and learn of estuarine crocodiles, mangrove forests and wildlife in this magnificent diverse ecosystem.
Then it’s onto Alexandra Range to enjoy a panoramic view of the World Heritage Tropical Rainforest merging with the Coral Sea. Here on the elevated Guided National Park Boardwalk, there’s interpretation of the rainforest’s flora and fauna.
Enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch and the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo. Your tour will take you beyond Cape Tribulation along the 4WD Bloomfield Track to pristine Emmagen Creek where you can take a refreshing rainforest stream swim. Seek fish and turtles in the creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and indulge in a feast of tropical fruit and a cup of Billy Tea in this tranquil setting.
At Cape Tribulation Beach you can swim in the Coral Sea (seasonal) or stroll along the beach and boardwalk. After a short afternoon refreshment stop, you will cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin the homeward journey after your total rainforest experience.
Your Billy Tea Bush Safari Cape Tribulation Day includes:
- Complimentary hotel pick up and drop off.
- Morning and afternoon teas
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise viewing Crocodiles, varied birdlife & beautiful mangroves
- Aussie BBQ lunch with steak and fresh salads. (Dietary requirements can be catered for on notification of booking).
- Opportunity to hand feed kangaroos and wallabies at Lync Haven.
- Alexandra Lookout
- Guided rainforest walks with full interpretation of the plants and animals.
- Opportunity to swim at Cape Tribulation Beach (seasonal) and in the beautiful fresh water at Emmagen Creek.
- Exotic tropical fruit tasting, traditional Billy Tea and damper.
- Eco Accredited Naturalist Guide.
Tour departs: Cairns CBD area from 6.50am – 7.15am, Northern Beaches from 7.20am and Port Douglas area from 8.20am.
Tour returns: Port Douglas approx. 5.30pm, Northern Beaches approx 6.00pm and Cairns CBD area approx 6.30pm.
Total Package PriceCoach transfers, all taxes and levies included in total price.
|From CAIRNS & NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$416.50||$239.50||$1,199.00|
|From PORT DOUGLAS||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Quicksilver Cruises
|Total Package Price||$379.50||$218.50||$1,102.00|
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.General Conditions
- Child age is 0 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2017.