2 Day Green Island, Kuranda Train & Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Adventure
Experience two renowned World Heritage environments over two full days… After a day on the beautiful Great Barrier Reef coral cay of Green Island, journey through and above ancient rainforests with the famous Kuranda Scenic Train and the unique Skyrail Cableway to the rainforest village of Kuranda.
DAY 1: Green Island Eco Adventure - Full Day
Tour Operator: Great Adventures
For a tropical island adventure, Great Adventures will take you to beautiful Green Island for a unique reef and rainforest experience, just 45 minutes from Cairns. Home to over 120 native plant species and colourful bird life, this 6000 year old coral cay is surrounded by coral gardens and abundant marine life to explore.
Departing Cairns at 8.30am or 10.30am, you’ll have the choice of up to 7 hours on this tropical island paradise. Your day also includes the choice of snorkelling equipment to snorkel directly from the white sandy beaches or a glass bottom boat tour to experience this Great Barrier Reef island.
As a Great Adventures guest, you’ll also be able to enjoy many exclusive inclusions such as the use of the island swimming pool and a self guided eco island walk to discover some of the island’s unique rainforest flora. The island’s well-appointed day visitor facilities include a pool bar, restaurant and refreshment outlets where you can purchase a delicious lunch or snacks.
Your Green Island Eco Adventure includes:
- Coach transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotel/accommodation
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Choice of glass bottom boat coral reef viewing tour or snorkelling equipment
- Exclusive use of the island swimming pool
- Exclusive self-guided eco Island walk
- Use of Green Island Resort's day visitor facilities
There’s also a wide range of optional activities in addition to your cruise fare to experience on Green Island. Scuba dive, join a snorkel excursion, kayak or even walk underwater with Seawalker helmet diving. For an exhilarating top-side perspective of the reef, there’s parasailing and scenic helicopter flights too! There’s even the Marineland Melanesia Crocodile Habitat with daily crocodile shows.
Tour Departs from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Spence Street Cairns
Departs Cairns: 8.30 or 10.30am, Returns Cairns 3.20 or 5.20pm
DAY 2: Kuranda Scenic Train & Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Kuranda Scenic Railway: Start your day with the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway – a spectacular journey of unsurpassed views of dense World Heritage rainforest, steep ravines and picturesque waterfalls through the Barron Gorge. This famous railway winds its way on a journey of approximately 1 hour 45 minutes from Cairns to Kuranda, the village in the rainforest.
The Kuranda Scenic Railway can be joined at Cairns Railway Station or Freshwater Connection for morning departures to Kuranda. The journey includes an English commentary and all passengers receive a commentary guide which includes information on the history of the railway’s construction, a trip map and a map of Kuranda. Upon reaching the village of Kuranda a rich assortment of interesting attractions and unique shopping experiences awaits you.
For your return journey, you will join the iconic Skyrail Rainforest Cableway:
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is a unique rainforest experience taking you on an unforgettable journey over and through Australia’s World Heritage listed tropical rainforest. Glide just metres above the canopy in Skyrail’s comfortable six-person gondola cabins, enjoying spectacular views of the rainforest, tropical Cairns, the Coral Sea and the lush Cairns Highlands.
Two rainforest mid-stations, Red Peak and Barron Falls, provide the opportunity to explore and learn about this ancient environment on ranger-guided boardwalk tours and at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
Your Kuranda Scenic Train and Skyrail Journey includes:
- Return accommodation transfers from Cairns or Northern Beaches (exc Holloways, Yorkey's or Machans Beach), times advised at booking.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- One way journey from Freshwater to Kuranda.
- English commentary with information guide on the history of the railway’s construction, a trip map and a map of Kuranda.
- One way Skyrail journey from Kuranda to Skyrail’s Smithfield station.
- Two rainforest mid-stations stops at Red Peak and Barron Falls
- Ranger-guided boardwalk tour and Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
Total Package Price
Coach transfers, all taxes and levies included in total price.
|Total Package Price||$237.00||$123.00||$583.00|
- Children: 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.