2 Day Reef & Cape Tribulation Adventure
After a day of discovery on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, you'll journey to explore some of the oldest rainforest on our planet at Cape Tribulation in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest.
DAY 1: Great Barrier Reef Adventure - Full Day
Tour Operator: Great Adventures
Get set for your Great Adventure! Escape into a world of surprises and experience the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef with Great Adventures exciting Outer Reef cruise.
Departing from Cairns, you'll cruise in comfort aboard a fast catamaran to a spacious activity platform moored at a magnificent site on the outer reaches of the Great Barrier Reef. Guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers can enjoy a magical day of discovery.
With the air-conditioned semi-submersible and underwater observatory, you don't even have to get wet to discover the reef. Snorkel and dive amongst beautiful coral gardens and colourful marine life, or just relax on the sundeck with a delicious buffet lunch and enjoy the amazing marine-scape!
Your Great Barrier Reef Adventure Includes:
- Coach transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotel/accommodation
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise from Cairns
- 3 hours at Outer Reef activity platform
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Morning tea cake selection on outward journey
- Hot and cold buffet lunch with seafood
- Use of snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins)
- Buoyancy vests
- Reef education presentation
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
- Underwater observatory
- Lycra suits
- Eco reef talk with marine naturalist in underwater observatory
- Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform, cheese and biscuits on return journey
Exciting optional activities (additional cost) include scuba diving, guided snorkel tours, the exclusive Scuba-Doo underwater scooter and scenic helicopter flights to see the reef from a different perspective.
Tour departs from: Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Spence Street Cairns
Departs: Cairns 10.30am, Returns Cairns: 5.30pm
DAY 2: Daintree Cape Tribulation Tours
Tour Operator: Billy Tea Safaris
Billy Tea Safaris will take you on a small personalised tour into the Daintree and rugged terrain of the Bloomfield Track beyond Cape Tribulation for your rainforest adventure. With a maximum of 16 passengers in your custom-built 4WD vehicle, the naturalist guides will share their extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture.
Your rainforest journey starts as you head north along the scenic coastal route to the township of Mossman. Lush farmland contrasts with seascape approaching the majestic Daintree River. The informative Daintree River cruise is a highlight to see the splendour of the Daintree and learn of estuarine crocodiles, mangrove forests and wildlife in this magnificent diverse ecosystem.
Then it’s onto Alexandra Range to enjoy a panoramic view of the World Heritage Tropical Rainforest merging with the Coral Sea. Here on the elevated Guided National Park Boardwalk, there’s interpretation of the rainforest’s flora and fauna.
Enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch and the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo. Your tour will take you beyond Cape Tribulation along the 4WD Bloomfield Track to pristine Emmagen Creek where you can take a refreshing rainforest stream swim. Seek fish and turtles in the creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and indulge in a feast of tropical fruit and a cup of Billy Tea in this tranquil setting.
At Cape Tribulation Beach you can swim in the Coral Sea (seasonal) or stroll along the beach and boardwalk. After a short afternoon refreshment stop, you will cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin the homeward journey after your total rainforest experience.
Your Billy Tea Bush Safari Cape Tribulation Day includes:
- Morning and afternoon teas
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise viewing Crocodiles, varied birdlife & beautiful mangroves
- Aussie BBQ lunch with steak and fresh salads. (Dietary requirements can be catered for on notification of booking).
- Opportunity to hand feed kangaroos and wallabies at Lync Haven.
- Alexandra Lookout
- Guided rainforest walks with full interpretation of the plants and animals.
- Opportunity to swim at Cape Tribulation Beach (seasonal) and in the beautiful fresh water at Emmagen Creek.
- Exotic tropical fruit tasting, traditional Billy Tea and damper.
- Eco Accredited Naturalist Guide.
Tour departs: Cairns CBD area from 6.50am – 7.15am, Northern Beaches from 7.20am and Port Douglas area from 8.20am.
Tour returns: Port Douglas approx. 5.30pm, Northern Beaches approx 6.00pm and Cairns CBD area approx 6.30pm.
Total Package PriceAll taxes and levies included in total price.
Payable direct to Great Adventures
|Total Package Price||$457.50||$296.50||$1,277.00|
*Day 1: Self Drive to The Reef Marine, coach transfers are available.
*Day 1: Self Drive to Reef Fleet Terminal, coach transfers are available.
Note: Child price for Billy Tea Safari tour is 0-14 years.
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Child age is 0 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.