2 Day Reef & Cape Tribulation Adventure
After a day of discovery on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, you'll journey to explore some of the oldest rainforest on our planet at Cape Tribulation in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest.
DAY 1: Great Barrier Reef Adventure - Full Day
Tour Operator: Great Adventures
Get set for your Great Adventure! Escape into a world of surprises and experience the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef with Great Adventures exciting Outer Reef cruise.
Departing from Cairns, you'll cruise in comfort aboard a fast catamaran to a spacious activity platform moored at a magnificent site on the outer reaches of the Great Barrier Reef. Guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers can enjoy a magical day of discovery.
With the air-conditioned semi-submersible and underwater observatory, you don't even have to get wet to discover the reef. Snorkel and dive amongst beautiful coral gardens and colourful marine life, or just relax on the sundeck with a delicious buffet lunch and enjoy the amazing marine-scape!
Your Great Barrier Reef Adventure Includes:
- Coach transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotel/accommodation
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise from Cairns
- 3 hours at Outer Reef activity platform
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Morning tea cake selection on outward journey
- Hot and cold buffet lunch with seafood
- Use of snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins)
- Buoyancy vests
- Reef education presentation
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
- Underwater observatory
- Eco reef talk with marine naturalist in underwater observatory
- Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform, cheese and biscuits on return journey
Exciting optional activities (additional cost) include scuba diving, guided snorkel tours, the exclusive Scuba-Doo underwater scooter and scenic helicopter flights to see the reef from a different perspective.
Tour departs from: Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Spence Street Cairns
Departs: Cairns 10.30am, Returns Cairns: 5.30pm
DAY 2: Daintree Cape Tribulation Tours
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Down Under Tours provides a unique Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge experience that utilises the latest in GPS technology to provide a highly informative and comfortable full day tour. You will travel in air-conditioned comfort on a luxury, purpose-built vehicle to Cape Tribulation.
Your day begins with an early morning pickup from your Cairns or Port Douglas accommodation. From here, your professional and experienced guide takes you deep into the World Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest. Your first stop will be at the famous Daintree River for an hour-long guided river cruise. This is your chance to spot a wide range of Queensland wildlife including saltwater crocodiles, tree snakes, birdlife and unique vegetation.
You will then enjoy a drive through the Alexandra range, with a stop at Alexandra lookout where you can see the Daintree River estuary and across to Snapper Island and the Coral Sea. From here you will head to your lunch destination on an exclusive private rainforest property.
Next stop is at the world famous Cape Tribulation beach to see where the rainforest meets the reef. The final stop is at Mossman Gorge, a pristine rainforest gorge with crystal clear waters and deep cultural importance for the local Aboriginal tribe, the Kuku Yalanji. At the visitor centre, the indigenous presentation will give you a deeper understanding of the role this gorge has played in the tribe’s daily lives. After the presentation, a shuttle will take you into the gorge where your driver/guide will take you on a guided walk to share the knowledge about this enchanting rainforest. Afternoon tea is provided before the journey back to your accommodation.
Your Down Under Tours Cape tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge tour includes:
- Complimentary hotel pickup
- Professional driver/guide
- Daintree River Cruise
- Alexandra Lookout
- Lunch in rainforest setting
- Cape Tribulation beach and boardwalk
- Mossman Gorge centre including Indigenous presentation, afternoon tea and guided walk
- GPS guided commentary (passengers are welcome to bring their own headsets, or they can be purchased on the day for an additional $5.00)
Tour Departs: Cairns area from 6.45am, Port Douglas area from 7.45am.
Tour Returns: Port Douglas area approx. 5.30pm, Cairns area approx. 6.30pm.
Total Package PriceCoach transfers, all taxes and levies included in total price.
Payable direct to Great Adventures
|Total Package Price||$446.50||$261.50||$1,296.00|
|From NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Great Adventures
|Total Package Price||$452.50||$261.50||$1,308.00|
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Child age is 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2017.