2 Day Michaelmas Cay & Kuranda Rainforest Discovery
After a day exploring Michaelmas Cay and sailing the Great Barrier Reef, you’ll visit the rainforest village of Kuranda, experiencing two picturesque journeys aboard the famous Kuranda Scenic Train and the unique Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
DAY 1: Ocean Spirit Michalemas Cay Cruise - Full Day
Tour Operator: Ocean Spirit
Departing daily from Cairns, 32m luxury sailing catamaran, Ocean Spirit, sets sail for a day to remember at picturesque Michaelmas Cay. Encircled by a spectacular fringing reef teeming with colourful marine life, it is also a bird lover’s delight and an important protected sanctuary for migratory birds.
Snorkel directly from the beach in the cay’s protected shallow waters, cruise in the semi-submersible for a diver’s view of the reef, watch the fish feeding presentation and discover the fascinating island birdlife. For the more adventurous, you can experience the underwater delights of the reef with an exciting introductory scuba dive or take a guided snorkel tour with the marine biologist. Or if you prefer just relax on the beach or soak up the tropical atmosphere under the sails and enjoy a leisurely day on the Great Barrier Reef.
Your Ocean Spirit Cruise Includes:
- Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns
- Experience 4 hours at Michaelmas Cay
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Hot and cold buffet lunch, including prawns
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction
- Buoyancy vests
- Lycra suits
- Marine Biologist presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary
- Fish feeding presentation
- Glass of complimentary sparkling wine served on the homeward journey
Optional activities include introductory scuba diving and marine biologist guided snorkel tours.
Tour departs from: Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Spence Street Cairns
Departs: Cairns 08.30am, Returns Cairns: 5.00pm
DAY 2: Kuranda Skyrail Rainforest Cableway - Full Day
Tour Operator: Down Under Tours
Make your visit to the rainforest village of Kuranda a memorable one. Board the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a breathtaking journey on one of the world's most scenic train routes will take you through hand-hewn tunnels and across bridges with amazing views. Stop at Barron Gorge to view the falls before arriving at beautiful Kuranda station.
The remainder of the day is free for you to explore the "Village in the Rainforest". Visit the Heritage Markets, which operate daily, or perhaps visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld or the Kuranda Koala Gardens (own expense).
At the scheduled time, board Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for the world's most beautiful rainforest experience. Glide over the rainforest canopy and take advantage of the two stops en-route to enjoy a walk through the rainforest or visit the Rainforest Interpretive Centre.
At the scheduled time, board Skyrail for the world's most beautiful rainforest experience. Glide over the rainforest canopy and take advantage of the two stops en-route to enjoy a walk through the rainforest or visit the Rainforest Interpretive Centre.
Your journey ends at Skyrail’s Smithfield station where your coach will be waiting to take you back to your accommodation. Day two lunch is at your own cost.Your Kurunda Day Includes:
- Coach transfer to Freshwater Railway Station
- Kuranda Scenic Rail departs at 09:45am
- View Barron River and Stoney Creek Falls
- Free time in Kuranda
- Heritage Markets operate daily
- Return by Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Experience at 1.15pm
- Return transfer to hotel.
Total Package PriceAll taxes and levies included in total price.
|From CAIRNS AND NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Great Adventures
|Total Package Price||$330.50||$174.50||$868.00|
*Day 1: Self Drive to Reef Fleet, coach transfers are available.*EMC:
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Child age 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount .
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.