2 Day Michaelmas Cay & Daintree Dreaming Tour
The romance of sailing the Great Barrier Reef and a fully immersive rainforest tour is yours to experience with this beautiful and unique tour combination.
Itinerary at a glance… (Times may be subject to change):
8.30am - Depart Cairns for Michaelmas Cay
10.30am - Arrive Michaelmas Cay
2.30pm - Depart Michaelmas Cay
5.00pm - Arrive Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
Coach departs for transfer to accommodation
TBA - Coach Pick up from your accommodation, advised at time of booking.
Coach return to accommodation.
Day 1: Ocean Spirit Michalemas Cay Cruise - Full Day
Tour Operator: Ocean Spirit
Departing daily from Cairns, 32m luxury sailing catamaran, Ocean Spirit, sets sail for a day to remember at picturesque Michaelmas Cay. Encircled by a spectacular fringing reef teeming with colourful marine life, it is also a bird lover’s delight and an important protected sanctuary for migratory birds.
Snorkel directly from the beach in the cay’s protected shallow waters, cruise in the semi-submersible for a diver’s view of the reef, watch the fish feeding presentation and discover the fascinating island birdlife. For the more adventurous, you can experience the underwater delights of the reef with an exciting introductory scuba dive or take a guided snorkel tour with the marine biologist. Or if you prefer just relax on the beach or soak up the tropical atmosphere under the sails and enjoy a leisurely day on the Great Barrier Reef.
Your Ocean Spirit Cruise Includes:
- Coach transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotel/accommodation
- Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns
- Experience 4 hours at Michaelmas Cay
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Hot and cold buffet lunch, including prawns
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction
- Buoyancy vests
- Lycra suits
- Marine Biologist presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary
- Fish feeding presentation
- Glass of complimentary sparkling wine served on the homeward journey
Optional activities include introductory scuba diving and marine biologist guided snorkel tours.
Tour departs from: Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Spence Street Cairns
Departs: Cairns 8.30am, Returns Cairns: 5.00pm
Day 2: Daintree Dreaming Tour
Tour Operator: Adventure North Australia
This exclusive and fully immersive rainforest tour allows you to join in a genuine Aboriginal cultural experience in the heart of the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park. Gain an understanding of the region’s original indigenous culture with this unique experience as you are guided through the traditional rainforest, mangrove and beach habitats of the Kuku Yalanji tribe.
The Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat tour will take you to the beautiful Cooya Beach, a traditional fishing ground, where you will join one of the Kubirri Warra brothers on a beach, mudflat and mangrove walk. This area is filled with diverse wildlife as a meeting point for three different ecosystems; beach, mangrove and costal reef. Here you will learn the ways of traditional fishing and gathering, a real chance to catch you own bush tucker! Back at the family home, your catch will be cooked up and served with homemade damper. Then it’s on to Mossman Gorge where you are greeted with a traditional smoking ceremony. While at the Mossman Gorge Centre, enjoy lunch at the edge of the rainforest. You will also have time to explore the art gallery featuring work from local artists.
Following lunch, your guide will take you to explore the lush rainforest of the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park. During an easy walk across boardwalks, tracks and bridges, learn about the flora, fauna and diverse ecosystem that makes this region completely unique. At the end of your day, you can refresh yourself in the private swimming hole encased by beautiful rainforest before beginning the return journey.Your Adventure North Daintree Dreaming tour includes:
- 2 hour coastal and mangrove walk learning to catch and identify bush tucker
- Eat your catch with homemade damper
- Welcome to Country ceremony
- Guided interpretative tour through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge with an Adventure North guide
- Swim in a private swimming hole at Mossman Gorge
- Lunch at Mossman Gorge Centre
(Itinerary can operate in reverse subject to the tide.)
Tour departs: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday Cairns area from 7.30am, Northern Beaches 8.00am.
Tour returns: Northern Beaches 5.30pm, Cairns area approx. 6.00pm.
Total Package PriceAll taxes and levies included in total price.
|From CAIRNS AND NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Ocean Spirit
|Total Package Price||$422.50||$297.50||$1,386.00|
*Day 1: Self Drive to Reef Fleet, coach transfers are available.*EMC:
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Day 1: Child age 4 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- Day 2: Minimum age for Daintree Dreaming tour is 4 years.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018