2 Day Michaelmas Cay & Cape Tribulation Adventure
This is an exciting tour combination as you visit Michaelmas Cay on the Great Barrier Reef followed by a day exploring the ancient Daintree Rainforest, take a river cruise and see the amazing landscapes of the Cape Tribulation wilderness area.
DAY 1: Ocean Spirit Michaelmas Cay Cruise
Tour Operator: Ocean Spirit
Departing daily from Cairns, 32m luxury sailing catamaran, Ocean Spirit, sets sail for a day to remember at picturesque Michaelmas Cay. Encircled by a spectacular fringing reef teeming with colourful marine life, it is also a bird lover’s delight and an important protected sanctuary for migratory birds.
Snorkel directly from the beach in the cay’s protected shallow waters, cruise in the semi-submersible for a diver’s view of the reef, watch the fish feeding presentation and discover the fascinating island birdlife. For the more adventurous, you can experience the underwater delights of the reef with an exciting introductory scuba dive or take a guided snorkel tour with the marine biologist. Or if you prefer just relax on the beach or soak up the tropical atmosphere under the sails and enjoy a leisurely day on the Great Barrier Reef.
Your Ocean Spirit Cruise Includes:
- Coach transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotel/accommodation
- Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns
- Experience 4 hours at Michaelmas Cay
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Hot and cold buffet lunch, including prawns
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction
- Buoyancy vests
- Lycra suits
- Marine Biologist presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary
- Fish feeding presentation
- Glass of complimentary sparkling wine served on the homeward journey
Optional activities include introductory scuba diving and marine biologist guided snorkel tours.
Tour departs from: Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Spence Street Cairns
Departs: Cairns 8.30am, Returns Cairns: 5.00pm
DAY 2: Cape Tribulation
Tour Operator: Billy Tea Safaris
Billy Tea Safaris will take you on a small personalised tour into the Daintree and rugged terrain of the Bloomfield Track beyond Cape Tribulation for your rainforest adventure. With a maximum of 16 passengers in your custom-built 4WD vehicle, the naturalist guides will share their extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture.
Your rainforest journey starts as you head north along the scenic coastal route to the township of Mossman. Lush farmland contrasts with seascape approaching the majestic Daintree River. The informative Daintree River cruise is a highlight to see the splendour of the Daintree and learn of estuarine crocodiles, mangrove forests and wildlife in this magnificent diverse ecosystem.
Then it’s onto Alexandra Range to enjoy a panoramic view of the World Heritage Tropical Rainforest merging with the Coral Sea. Here on the elevated Guided National Park Boardwalk, there’s interpretation of the rainforest’s flora and fauna.
Enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch and the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo. Your tour will take you beyond Cape Tribulation along the 4WD Bloomfield Track to pristine Emmagen Creek where you can take a refreshing rainforest stream swim. Seek fish and turtles in the creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and indulge in a feast of tropical fruit and a cup of Billy Tea in this tranquil setting.
At Cape Tribulation Beach you can swim in the Coral Sea (seasonal) or stroll along the beach and boardwalk. After a short afternoon refreshment stop, you will cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin the homeward journey after your total rainforest experience.
Your Billy Tea Bush Safari Cape Tribulation Day includes:
- Morning and afternoon teas
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise viewing Crocodiles, varied birdlife & beautiful mangroves
- Aussie BBQ lunch with steak and fresh salads. (Dietary requirements can be catered for on notification of booking).
- Opportunity to hand feed kangaroos and wallabies at Lync Haven.
- Alexandra Lookout
- Guided rainforest walks with full interpretation of the plants and animals.
- Opportunity to swim at Cape Tribulation Beach (seasonal) and in the beautiful fresh water at Emmagen Creek.
- Exotic tropical fruit tasting, traditional Billy Tea and damper.
- Eco Accredited Naturalist Guide.
Tour departs: Cairns CBD area from 6.50am – 7.15am, Northern Beaches from 7.20am and Port Douglas area from 8.20am.
Tour returns: Port Douglas approx. 5.30pm, Northern Beaches approx 6.00pm and Cairns CBD area approx 6.30pm.
Total Package PriceAll taxes and levies included in total price.
|From CAIRNS AND NORTHERN BEACHES||Adult||Child||Family|
Payable direct to Great Adventures
|Total Package Price||$428.50||$277.50||$1,201.00|
*Day 1: Self Drive to Reef Fleet, coach transfers are available.*EMC:
A Government Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. This charge is included in the total price and is payable by passengers on the day of travel.GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Child age is 0 -14 years; under 4 years are free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice.
- Self-Drive options are available.
- Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2018.